Callin' all Comic geeks!!!!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
As most of yall know, I am the resident Comic Book Geek here at Illmuzik. One of my all time favorite characters is BATMAN. As some of you have witnessed in the past, Joel Shumacher took the last two sequels and made them into neon, camy peices of garbage. But now with the commercial success of recent marvel Comic films, DC decided to give the Batman franchise one more chance. Not only is this a revamp from the original movie but a brilliant new approach. Warner Bros had hired Christopher Nolan to direct the film. He's best known for Memento and Insomnia. So now I'm thinkin, Okay we got a good director, maybe this wont suck after all. Anyway, to make a long post short,,,,

Actors(All star cast I must add)
Bruce Wayne/Batman: Christian Bale(who was awesome in American Psycho!)
Ra's Al Guhl: Ken Wantanabe(lol I cant spell his name, from the Last Samurai)
The Scarecrow: Cilian Murphy(28 days)
Alfred Pennyworth: Michael Caine
Lucious Fox: Morgan Freeman
Henri Ducard: Liam Neeson
Lt Gordan: Gary Oldman

a few others,,,,(Rutger Haur, Katie Holmes)

Story:
The title pretty much says it all, "Batman Begins". It's a movie that really explores the mind of Bruce Wayne and explains why he does what he does and shows just how fucked up he really is after watchin his parents get bucked down infront of him! From an insider source that I have, I got to check some of the script, and it looks good! Plus, he's not fully transformed into Batman for like the 1st hour of the film so it will be interesting.

Pros:
Better director
Better cast
Good story
stickin closely to the comics

Cons:
Costume is still rubbery(but, this is the first of a trilogy and supposedly he adjusts the suit in the next)
Too many villains(Ra's, Scarecrow, and Mob Boss)
Love interest
Trilogy.(The Matrix was a good movie,,,the 2 sequels were not. Seems like the same might happen here.

Links:

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

http://www.batmannews.de/gotham_city_central/gotham_globe/article/2005/01/16012005_3.html

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
besides wolverine there will also be a magneto movie, it will be in the prime time of magneto and his disagreement with xavier, why he choses the 'dark' side..

Obsidian Blue

Igneous
ill o.g.
Maybe this wont suck???

Nah fella, this is gonna be pretty tight, I think. It looks like that these guys are actually gonna do some justice to a DC comics character on the silver screen. Damn shame it took Marvel s***in' on em to get the point. Now if Superman isn't terribly corny, they might be in business(kinda hard to do, it is Superman after all) The Magneto Movie should pretty pretty dope too, if they do it right.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
can't wait to see this because those batman movies sucked but this looks pretty cool, can't wait for x-men 3 and also fantastic 4 thats going to be the shit also has anybody seen elektra is it good is it worth the money or is it a good bootleg movie

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
I am afraid they will screw most of the comicstories up.. the x men movies were okay nothing special, some dope scenes but not an overall dope...
spiderman 1 and 2 made me puke they made it gay..
Hulk was okay i must say but they fucked up the story at the ending with a bad script but the fight with his daddies evil puppies was wicked though.

Kevin Spacey as lex luthor will be dope though..

I hope they dont fuck up Magneto cos that could be one sick movie... Sheldon Turner is working on the script..

Turner's intent for the film is to examine Magneto's "psychological roots". The plot will also deal with the character's friendship turned sour with Charles Xavier. The man who went on to form the team known as the X-Men.

"It's going to take place from 1939 Auschwitz up to 1955 or so," says Turner. With that in mind, that would make the film, MAGNETO a 'period prequel' to the X-MEN movies.

Since a major bulk (if not all) of the film will take place during this period, it is doubtful that actor Sir Ian McKellen will return for the film, though there are still possible ways of having the actor in portions of the film. The film will chronicle the character's early life, and what turned him against humans.

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2005/DEFGH/Fantastic-Four/footage/

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I have been checkin this shyt oyt for a while and it looks like it will be pretty decent. I'm a little worried though with all these studios tryin to cash in on the publics fascnation with comic book movies. Ther fuckin up good comic book heros like Daredevil, Elecktra, Punisher Hulk etc. Great heros that get ruined by some ego tripped director and ther campy vision of them. Oh and by the way im the resident comic book nerd Stress.

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
as long as it doesnt become overcomplicated like the hulk movie, or just plain suck like The last Punisher movie.

ill o.g.
Nah man. Im the biggest pothead here.
its cool though, i dont mind letting you say you are the resident pothead.
for now im happy being the resident dysphuncktional guy :p

(oh and btw im pretty comicheaded myself too hehehe) im most partial to marvel.
Grew up with that shit when I lived in the states, hard to keep up with over here, im NOT going to buy translated comics, and the amercian ones are very pricey due to import status etc.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Dysphuncktional said:
Nah man. Im the biggest pothead here.
its cool though, i dont mind letting you say you are the resident pothead.
for now im happy being the resident dysphuncktional guy :p

(oh and btw im pretty comicheaded myself too hehehe) im most partial to marvel.
Grew up with that shit when I lived in the states, hard to keep up with over here, im NOT going to buy translated comics, and the amercian ones are very pricey due to import status etc.

word? I remember "Secret Wars" Marvel put out in the 80's...that was hot. I liked Marvel growin up too, but DC is way better now.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
One more comic related thing, I agree with J Rilla, they done f'd up Elektra and Daredevil, that was my favorite stuff growing up, and I'm not even going to bother seeing Elektra (maybe on video).
To take it a step further, I hope Frank Miller is getting paid for this stuff, it seems everyone's always jacking his style:
- nascar/fox ad - bite from Sin City
- elektra - created by Miller, but owned by Marvel, no dough for Frank
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - parody of Frank Miller's Daredevil, no dough for Frank
- Dark Knight - Frank Miller made batman fresh again, not sure how much he cashed in on his rebound (my guess is not much)
I'm hoping Frank is hooked up nicely, he's starting to look like Bernard Purdie, sampled 1000s of times without getting paid.....

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
dahkter said:
One more comic related thing, I agree with J Rilla, they done f'd up Elektra and Daredevil, that was my favorite stuff growing up, and I'm not even going to bother seeing Elektra (maybe on video).
To take it a step further, I hope Frank Miller is getting paid for this stuff, it seems everyone's always jacking his style:
- nascar/fox ad - bite from Sin City
- elektra - created by Miller, but owned by Marvel, no dough for Frank
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - parody of Frank Miller's Daredevil, no dough for Frank
- Dark Knight - Frank Miller made batman fresh again, not sure how much he cashed in on his rebound (my guess is not much)
I'm hoping Frank is hooked up nicely, he's starting to look like Bernard Purdie, sampled 1000s of times without getting paid.....

Frank Miller is a fav of mine. i think he IS an executive producer on the new Bat-Flick. He also has Sin City comin out, and he has some other works comin soon.

Also, I suggest any fan of Daredevil that disliked the movie go out and BUY the Directors cut. It's like a new movie,,,they edited the shit out of the cinema release so that they can cash in. The Director's cut kicks mucho coolo! I loved it.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Werd,
Director's cut sounds interesting, it's gotta be better than the original. Affleck as Daredevil, what bad casting....
I'm hopeful X3 and FF will be dope, and Stresswon, yeah, Frank Miller is one of the great artists (music/arts/film/etc.) of our life, he is fucking incredible.
That Martha Washington series was right on, so many things he touches are right on. I will say his screenplay for Robo Cop 2 was kinda garbage though. Same with Dark Knight 2, nice to see, but it didn't have the coherency or power of Dark Knight 1.
The Onion newspaper did an extensive interview with him about two years ago, here's the link:
http://www.theonionavclub.com/feature/index.php?issue=3744&f=1EZ

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I am an Illustrator and my may fav artists are Jamie Hewlett and Mike Mignola. They have too much style and they make it look easy. As far the comics to movie thing, If you really love comics then the movies will never match up.

By the way I am currently creating a comic with a sound track. Its a virtual band type thing, like the band only exists in the comic. Its a Madvillian meets the Gorrilaz type thing.