can anyone explain?

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
digging is digging in crates for records or just listening to records to find sounds to sample from them to use in you tracks

objektivone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Digging is life. I dig sometime 25 hours in a week... even have done up to 40 in a week. Like a full time job. It is looking for that sample that just catches your ear so you can piece together a new masterpiece.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i used ta dig alot... between 88-90 i was a "digaholic" (thats a GREAT name, dont nobody steal...lol)... my records were whatever cost $3 and lower...lol... now, im glad i got those records, bcuz i went thru them yrs back with the S950. but now with a more advanced sampler, and different sampling techniques, i go thru those same records and find things i wasnt even thinkin about 15 yrs ago (damn, im old)... never thought i'd even be thinkin bout it now... good thing im a pack rat...lol... i dont dig anymore, i just collect whatever medium its on... i got players for 8 trk cassettes all the way up to cds... whats so funny is, back when i was diggin, i thought i was the ONLY one doin it... i had no idea Pete Rock, Preemo and everyone else was doin it as well.

da relic

members online