Can I just say Windows sucks!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Man even windows 7 drives me crazy, there is just all this shit that doesn't work as well as a mac. I am telling you there is a reason mac users don't switch back. Even my aging G5 works better, its just not as fast as my quad core dell.

And yes I was a windows tech forever I know it inside and out, it just handles video and sound so terribly in comparison.

Now I just need 5 grand to get a new mac.

POKE MYSELF IN THE EYE WITH A STICK!

Thanks for letting me rant.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Right now I'm dual-booting between Windows 7 and Linux Mint and I like something on each. I think I would probably switch to Linux full time if it weren't for a few programs but I'm trying to slowly switch to Linux versions.

Sometimes I'll use Linux for a few days straight, then when I go back to Windows it seems like everything is slower! I really like 7 but it just seems that it's the typical Windows scenario: looks great, feels great, works great, then one day BOOOOOOOM Hiroshima.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Whiners.

spartan265

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
man F&!%K windows! vista was a joke. havnt tried version 7 so wont bad mouth that just yet. i was a windows user up until 2 years ago when i got my macbook. shes been the queen of my heart ever since... apple just feels smoother and less volatile. the only thing i miss about windows is being able to run Acid.. it was great for sample work. but i have faith it will be compatible with mac soon..

spartan265

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Sorry to break it to you but you had better go with Ableton. I have talked to the developers at Sony, there will not be a mac version.

thats a damn shame... yeah i already use ableton, and i guess all in all its actually a better software with regard to manipulating samples.. but i dont know, there was just somthing about acid.. oh well.. invest in a windows laptop maybe? look at me eating my words.. how quickly the alliance has crumbled.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ha ha, I try not to hate on any DAW. As I think each one has its place and connects with different users. BUUUT ACID is super cool, Sony just has no idea what to do with the program. Where Ableton is a much more focused company IE If Ableton Live fails they are out of job. The sony guys not so much. I remember using acid (the program) back in the day and thinking it was cool. But Ableton is just so flexible.

And I am not trying to do the mac vs PC thing, I am saying it is nice that core audio is built in to the OS. Just how OSX handles devices in general is so nice. I really miss that when I am in Windows.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
OK I have a solution for YOU! Do all your music and video stuff on a Mac and EVERYTHING else on PC. Problem solved...NEEEEXT!

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
And I am not trying to do the mac vs PC thing, I am saying it is nice that core audio is built in to the OS. Just how OSX handles devices in general is so nice. I really miss that when I am in Windows.

I just got through building a nice PC setup, but I have to agree. I used to use a g4 a few years back, and core audio/midi is something special.
The way you can use audio/midi devices, create aggregate devices, route audio all over the place, etc...is definitely dope.

I'm happy with win7 for now, but I still plan to get another mac in the setup, even if it's just a mac mini, I can run all my vsts via ethernet into the mac, have the pc handle all the heavy lifting and keep the mac lean and mean.