Can I just say Windows sucks!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I just got through building a nice PC setup, but I have to agree. I used to use a g4 a few years back, and core audio/midi is something special.
The way you can use audio/midi devices, create aggregate devices, route audio all over the place, etc...is definitely dope.

I'm happy with win7 for now, but I still plan to get another mac in the setup, even if it's just a mac mini, I can run all my vsts via ethernet into the mac, have the pc handle all the heavy lifting and keep the mac lean and mean.

Now THATS good advice!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
wtf is a bsod?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Blue screen of death

for example

bsod.gif

or

20071108-bsod-DSC_3386.jpg

or

bsod.bmp

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
And the best thing about a BSOD is that it's totally cryptic, the average user has no idea what anything means so it's impossible to troubleshoot!

sent_inc

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 15
No problems with windows 7 and producing music yet( Knock on wood) Window 7 is Microsoft best OS. I don't download anything on my computer i do myh music with and thats probably the diffference. Now when I do video editing Windows is not to friendly with Sony Vegas. I only go with the PC because its cheaper I would turn to a Mac in a minute if I could afford to.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Wow...

I can't tell you the last time I got that BSOD...

But the one on the tits are pretty awesome...an error I can "handle".

sent_inc

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 15
PC/Windows is a pain in the ass. It seems like twice a year im reformatting my hard drive.
Windows doesn't make it easy to fix errors.

tekboi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I quit fucking with windows after a HUGE computer crash in 07 that left me w/ nothing. Years of sounds and tracks that I did..... GONE.

Moved to OS X and never looked back. I have used windows 7, its better but its still "windows".

MPCaddict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I never had any problem, not even blue screens. I always have a proper/legit copy of the softwares that I use, even games and all that. Maybe one of the reasons that your PC crapped out is you had too many cracked wares on it. But I'd admit, Mac OS does handle audio better.

members online