can someone please school me on the MINIMOOG?

• beat this! voting starts in...

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey guys,

can someone please school me on the Minimoog and it's relevance and use in hip-hop and RnB?

I'm reading a whole gang of stuff about it online as I'm interested in learning about it. I know it's something I should already know about.

any real life info, opinions and comments are appreciated!

thanks

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
theres vsts out now that emulate the minimoog perfectly and even better come with tons of presets. arturia makes one, you can DL the demo. the minimoog has this big warm sound i cant really describe. the basses and leads are just "in your face", thats the best way i can put it so its no surprise that hiphop cats are into it to use for basslines or to spice up their compositions.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^

word, I'mma check out some of the Minimoog VSTs

does anyone know of any hip-hop or RnB songs where I can hear this bad boy on action?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^

yeah? cool

anyone know of any Neptunes tracks or other producers track that feature teh Minimoog in action?

any other input welcome

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you want to hear the moog sound check out 'the dark side of the moog' albums by Pete Namlook and Klaus Schulze with people like Brian Eno guesting there are some great moments

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
FistFulloDollaz said:
not sure what songs but I know that the Neptunes us it

Is it possible, that the keys in the chorus of Drop It LIke It's Hot are sounds from the MInimoog??

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
no, that could've been anything ( Im guessing at a Sequential Cirquits but they'rewaving that korg in the video if im not mistaken

Reyne

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 22
wats been happening
the mini moog was huge in the 70's. its got a very distinc sound and is one of many moog synths created by robert moog. the mini moog was used heaps in live performances. it got a fat sound but is playd out and its only monophonic so its limited.
check out 'switched on bach' (1st ever and biggest selling synthesizer record, performed on moog synth)
peace

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^^ Wendy Carlos, but that was a moog modular, I believe the first ever custom modular by moog. Studio electronics makes rackmods of original minimoogs with additional ( and very functional ) mods but come for a price.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Even though the Minimoog sounds cool, I think you should get a Megamoog if there is one. I'm pretty sure that one is better.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
that's a shame indeed cuz megamoog sound pretty good hehe. Try the memorymoog with midi upgrades, Jamiroquai uses one on all his tracks, without a doubt the dopest (portable) moog made.

M

Melodix

Its Off the Chain!!!!!!!!!! nice FAT SOUNDZ. Its Pretty Expensive but the Arturia Mini Moog Soft Synth sound pretty good.

members online