Can you recommend some turntablists?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Looking to do a post and showcase some turntablists, can anyone put me on some guys? Ideally they'd have whole verses of scratching, but anything is good.

Just drop some names and I can find the projects, streams, etc

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Thanks Ex and Dac, checking these guys in a sec

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Man....Premier in deep concentration...that shit is classic....

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Just came across this dopeness, apparently he just won the DMC DJ World Championship. Name: DJ Vajra

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Now, let me tell you something about that performance...first, he was using Serato which is very popular these days... radio stations here wont even hire you if you don't know it extensively. He was also using preset cues and bpms, meaning that he didn't have to rely on any accuracy when back-spinning to the beginning of his phrases or setting his beats per minutes...so all he had to do was execute his routine. As dope as that was, the effort required was very minimal, and for all practicle purposes, impossible using regular vinyl. This is not to take anything from his performance, he is a Super Dope turntablist that has mastered the ease of todays technology and the use of todays techniques.

So to all of you inspiring to become DJ's or scratchers...yes you can do this with the right gear and a lot of practice! Just don't expect it to be as easy as he made it appear, and keep in mind that he had ALL the right gear...that Rane Mixer by itself runs in the thousands of dollars price wise. =)

Dope find DOX!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Now, let me tell you something about that performance...first, he was using Serato which is very popular these days... radio stations here wont even hire you if you don't know it extensively. He was also using preset cues and bpms, meaning that he didn't have to rely on any accuracy when back-spinning to the beginning of his phrases or setting his beats per minutes...so all he had to do was execute his routine. As dope as that was, the effort required was very minimal, and for all practicle purposes, impossible using regular vinyl. This is not to take anything from his performance, he is a Super Dope turntablist that has mastered the ease of todays technology and the use of todays techniques.

So to all of you inspiring to become DJ's or scratchers...yes you can do this with the right gear and a lot of practice! Just don't expect it to be as easy as he made it appear, and keep in mind that he had ALL the right gear...that Rane Mixer by itself runs in the thousands of dollars price wise. =)

Dope find DOX!

Ahh ok, good info

@ Dox: I thought you meant studio tracks.

I did, but was just sharing. Honestly i dont think it has to be just studio tracks anymore. A good routine seems to be fine also