cards and readers for the mpc1000

Mischevious

ill o.g.
that work at all for you ? i tried to format it in my mpc and it could not read the card it said so that what made me think it could be the wrong type of card.

O

open mind

maybe u need the new os to let the mpc read the other card try it out.

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
na don't think the os is the problem, do you have a super fast card? because nthat one might not be readable. I got a 2gb cf from sandisk, works perfect, and i believe 2gb is the maximum capacity the mpc can read.

Mischevious

ill o.g.
i have the os that came when i got it which i believe is 1.07 i tried to update it once but did not work i must try again soon. I am new to this and do not know how to really use it that well yet i heard you have to back up everything first before putting on the new os.And yes the mpc can only handle up to a 2gb card and a super fast card ? not sure how you tell the speed on these things or not just says the size that i know of.And sanova that is a type 2 card right just guessing cause the whole II kinda gives it away ? where can you get these office depoit staples etc .... i was at future shop gonna pick up a reader but all they had was those 4 in 1 readers and i was not gonna pay an extra 10 or 20 bucks when i only need a specific reader thanks guys. I was talking back and forth to someone from akai not to long ago and apperently they have just found out type II work the best on the 1000 and he told me to save everything on it first before updating to the new os and to try and format the card on my pc i just tried to do it with the mpc alone the sheet that came with it said it could use type I and II cards but he said it was a mistake or something. Thanks for all the help guys

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Yea its a type II card,

Also, you can't update the os without a working card... you install it from the card after all 9or harddrive i guess).

Also, READ THE MANUAL. I know its a generic response, but trust. it helps. I read the manual and followed along, then read the mpc1000 book from mpc-samples.com and followed along, and now i'm a well seasoned mpc veteran.......... as far as knowledge goes lol.

But you can get cf cards at any electronics store. Best buy, frys, circuit city (where i ordered mine from), i even saw the 512mb one at walgreens today.

Don't forget to get the jj os asap, cuz the newest AKAI version (2.1 or soething) includes a serious folder corruption bug and fucks up all ur shit... make sure you REFORMAT your card with the JJ OS when u get it. (and they say back ur shit up cuz when u format, you are of course erasing everything that is currently on the card)

Mischevious

ill o.g.
i wanna format my new card and put the new 2.10 os on here but when i try to format it says no card is in it ? now it says press the f5 do it and i do that but how do you know when it is done formating ? does it say so this is confusing lol

Symphonic

Custom User Title
ill o.g.
did you put the card in the mpc? becaus i have tried 3 diffrent cf cards all worked without a problem, did you pusehd the card entirely in the machine?
Os 2.10 is ok, but i prefer the jj os 3.0, the 2.10 crashed like 10 times in a week, the 3.0 has not crashed once, and i'm using it for over a half year now.

Mischevious

ill o.g.
whats the jj os ? if it is not official from akai i would not trust it fully cause if it messes up your mpc at all akai will not help you out at all kinda worried there if it ain't akai official the warrenty goes out the window. And yes i put it in the mpc all the way

members online