Cd Shopping Spree!!!!!

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
YO!!!!

Soooo....I've been on the mad spree since i got manager at a sunglass shop, where i have nuthing to do but listen to cd's....Heres what i gots

THE BLACK ALBUM

UNITED STATE OF ATLANTA

WHO IS MIKE JONES

BE

LATE REGISTRATION

THOUGHTS OF A PREDICATE FELON

We'll start from the top..

The Black Album - Jay Z

I know its been a long time since this been out, but its been a long time since i had money too. A justified purchase mehhhh, you cannot doubt hova's skills as an mc especially on tracks such as Lucifer and Public Service Announcement, but i aint reviewing songs im reviewing albums, this album is well put together and definitely thought out, putting his mommy on the first track was nice, give that sshit a personal touch, production wise beats from just blaze and kanye are fire! But i gotta say my favourite track (i know i said i wasnt reviewing songs!)is Justify My Thug that shit is NUTSSSSSSSSS

4 out of 5 coconuts

United State of Atlanta - Ying Yang Twins

I suppose not nowing who the fuck the Ying Yang twins are helped mold my decision to buy this CD but damn am i glad. From tracks 9 thru to 14 is brilliant (SEX ED 101 - Wait - SEX ED 102 - Pull My Hair - SEX ED 103 - Bedroom Boom) love the way that shit was put together, real similar to College Dropout. Definitely worth high rotation.

4 out of 5 coconuts

Who Is Mike Jones - Mike Jones?????

After hearing Mike Jones spit on Missy Elliots The Cookbook, I couldnt get that fucking phone number outta my head!!!! so i bought the album. He keeps that "WHo is Mike Jones?" thing goiing throughout and it fucking works! kinda like lil jon yelling "Yeah!" and "what?" in everything, still i liked it.

3 and a half out of 5 coconuts

Be - Common

I havent had the chance to really listen to this album but rest assured beatmakers, it wont be ignored. This album is THE SHIT i luv this shit, i luv the flow of the music from 1 track to the next i love it I LOVE IT

5 out of 5 coconuts

Late Registration - Kanye West

Being a big fan of Kanye i couldnt wait for this to come out, so i gave it the same treatment i gave College Dropoutj, i listened to it....over and over and over again for about 7 hours, everytime picking up a new line or a new change up in the music, It took me a while to love the college dropout but it wasnt hard too, this one I've had to be a bit more patient with, special commendation to the "Broke Phi Broke" Fraternity "so broke we are sharing jeans" i can relate, i just spent all my money buying your fucking CD

5 out of 5 coconuts (eventually)

Thoughts of a Predicate Felon - Tony Yayo

Having read about Mr Yayo in XXL i expected alot from this album, but i was mistaken, nothing to me stands out about these albums unfortunately because i want to like this album i really do, mainly cos i spent $25 bucks on it (thats nothing Be cost me $35) Sorry

2 out 5 coconuts

I hope you enjoyed this edition of Kaivais Coconuts Collection be tuned next payweek as i buy whatever looks good

Peace

T

The Bastard

u should get the new korupt,against the grain, and snoop dog the masterpiece ,those are my 2 most recent downlo... purchases, both real good

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
yea boy i copped R&G the day it came it hea (NEW ZEALAND) snoop at his best

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
kaivi u sed it man i agree with everything u sed, i copped yayo's album yest too and it really isnt that good. ive herd cats say its better than kanye and it most def isnt lol. its jus same ol same ol! ah well

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Don't know how the hell that Ying Yang shit got 4 and Yayo got 2.
Mike Jones was pure garbage as well. I'm not saying that Yayo's album is great, it's mediocre.

Black Album and Be are good buys. I'm still kinda sleeping on Late Registration, haven't made my mind up yet. I'm pretty sure it can grow on you.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Loving da feedback for my coconuts

Kaivai

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
well u see this is where i differ from alot of people i actually preffer late registration to college dropout. i think it has a much more mature sound and it thumps in the trunk which college dropout didnt lol. but i feel the tracks on this more. i love drive slow the most tho and celebration! omg actually no maybe touch the sky actually i love the whole damn lot especially the uk bonus track "wait for that" I LOVE THIS ALBUM! it has been a gud week! first late reg then fade to black today! aaahh