.CDA files

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah i was diggin but i dont got a record player yet... so i went through old cds.... and they all come up as CDA files.... and i cant use them at all.... is there any convert it to .wav or .mp3???

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im using adobe audition and fl 5 so far.... and thanks ill look for it in the download section.... what do u mean by rip it from the cd though

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
if u have audition, it should be mad easy.

just go thru the process that u would for any other sample, and double click the CDA file, and audition will automatically convert it to its sampling format (in this case, wav).

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
adomav17 said:
Yeah i was diggin but i dont got a record player yet... so i went through old cds.... and they all come up as CDA files.... and i cant use them at all.... is there any convert it to .wav or .mp3???

if you have the new version windows media player there should be there should be a RIP option. Just follow directions from there and it will extract the whole cd to a directory and converts it to mp3.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Music is recorded to cd by a format CALLED .cda.

So like basically, it's a shortcut to the music located on that cd. Try and copy a .cda file, and you'll realize they're all 44 bytes. THIS POST took up more than 44 bytes. It's merely a shortcut, instructions on what part of the cd to play.

Research on how to rip a cd to your computer as an mp3, wav, wma, or whatever else you can edit it with. Adobe Audition opens virtually every file format you can rip to.

Ripping means copying the music from the cd to a file (mp3 or wave or whatever)... taking it from optical data on the cd to digital data on the computer that you can fool with.

Technically it's digital data on the cd, but hey whatever.. I'm lazy and don't feel like explaining any more.

I'm going take a nap.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
if you have windows media player. then. use that. easy

members online