CDX cd turntable??

ill o.g.
I don't kno if this has been posted yet but I heard a little while ago of this cd turntable called the cdx by numark thats has a peice of viynl on it thats fake to make hella it realistic feelling but yeah this seems to me to be the best cd turntable to get is it as perfect as it seems or am i trippin

ill o.g.
yea nuthin can replace vinyl but, if these work just as good as vinyl and u can't tell the difference in my opinion theyre better cuz i could jus burn copies of my cds instead of havin to buy 2 records... and I could scratch my own noises and my own vocals all i gotta do is burn my vocal tracks on a cd u kno

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
beatjuggling with these cd jammys

I got them here said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/sizzhanz73/Picture39.jpg[/url]

yo ed how are those as far as beat juggling? .. like if you dont have stickers on the wax to know where to cue up the beat? nahmean

ed_sizzahanz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo Gram

It ain't real hard, it just takes a minute to get use to. The CDX's have a small marker on the vinyl's label, for a cue point. Like I said, it's kinda small, so you might wanna add a longer piece of tape for a better visual. But as long as you have your cue points identical on both tables, it's butter. You also have the readout on the display screen and you can use that for a time marker. The funny thing though is when I change songs, I always reach for a tonearm subconsciously, LOL!

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
ed_sizzahanz said:
It ain't real hard, it just takes a minute to get use to. The CDX's have a small marker on the vinyl's label, for a cue point. Like I said, it's kinda small, so you might wanna add a longer piece of tape for a better visual. But as long as you have your cue points identical on both tables, it's butter. You also have the readout on the display screen and you can use that for a time marker. The funny thing though is when I change songs, I always reach for a tonearm subconsciously, LOL!

Didn't you used to have Denons, if so what was your take on them? Did you use the scratch pad or a 45?

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
damn i want some of them baaaaaadd... the thought of makin a beat and playin at the bar the same night or at a show or whatever is the shit... plus all those tracks you wish you had on wax but can never find... damnnnnnnn...

ed_sizzahanz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Depends on what you need

FTdub said:
Didn't you used to have Denons, if so what was your take on them? Did you use the scratch pad or a 45?

Yeah, I had the Denon 3000's (actually I still got one;interested?) I'll be straight up with you. The Denon's are a better ALL AROUND player, IMO. I used the 'scratch pad' which actually is a clear vinyl disc over a black slipmat, I didn't see the need to change to the 45. The pitch control is tighter for mixing, it has that next track reserve, and an additional 15 sec. sampler, and a better search function. It was a little quicker with loading and in playing mp3's. If you are more of a 'mixing' DJ, than a 'scratch' DJ, I would recommend 'em. the more advanced scratches on the Denons start to sound a lil digitized to the knowing ear, but most can't tell.

But if you a scratch/turntablist/hip hop, etc. DJ, then the Numarks are the best. The scratching is MUCH cleaner w/no digitized delays or clicking, even with the most complex and faster advanced scratches. Those who messed with CD joints know what I mean. The 12" platter, though, is the hook. If you been rocking turntables all your DJ life, the platter is well worth it. It has also has an effects board (not on the Denon) built in with 8 different FX, it's programmable, utilizes MIDI, you can manually tap in the BPM's, did I mention you can change the vinyl and slipmats to what you want?

Out of all the CD turntables, here is how I would rank them as far as overall specs and performance:

1) Denon (DNS5000, then DNS3000s)
2) Numark CDX
3) Pioneer CDJ1000 MKII
4) Technics Sl-DZ1200
5) Pioneer CDJ800

Denon just came out with a smaller DNS1000, but I never tried those.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I am definitely interested in adding a cd turntable to my dj arsenal, simply for the versatility. However I am a hardline traditional turntabilist, so I need responsiveness. I use alot of 45's so I think the Denon 5000 looks good but I need to play with both it and the Numark. The cool thing for me about the Denon 5000 is that if need be you can mix two songs within one unit.

members online