Changing my mind....Soulja fx on the youth..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Kay Im old.. But I reckonize what the enrgy was around when I was young..
My hiphop taste matured as I did , and I agree there is lots of "crap" out there.

Kay, so I decide to make crap because its easy ..aka srtippa muzik.
A quarter of a century after starting suddenly people like what I do in 2 weeks like its bout to be extinct.. lol.. All is good great and easy formula..
So I open my eyes beyond strippers and go to the youth, and I see youtube soulja boi vids.....
Suddenly Im stopped , because I used to be in Dance crews, in living rooms , on stages whatever dance is part of hiphop.. I see these young bloods out here doing that shit on their dances and suddenly this lil fucker that makes no sense and I been hating on makes sense.....
Gotta dance to something, and all dance music is ignant....
As one of the biggest haters, I dont hate lil cuz any mo, I can see where he is gonna get his regardless...
2live crew sucked too, but we had hella fun with it...
I think the main thing that upsets me is the promotion of ignance, but i wasnt aware that soulja had gave a tribute to Doug E Fresh....

This lil stupid video reminded me of when I was these lil dudes age (maybe your the same age no diss lol) we used to get just as hype and dumb and really break it down..So in that vein all is not lost ..

Still Love NYC and NJ like a mofo tho! lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr5TiW--m3Q"]YouTube - SODMG.com - My Dougie, Im Fresh?[/ame]
We didnt have youtube back then, you had to rehearse and then go actually preform in front of people or literally battle cats with a dance routine at a skate rink or a movie theater or something.. the rating system was a crowd..not clicking a star.
Ol school cats from charlotte will know what Im talking about lol.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
in the video.. what's with all the head rubbing??

So when do genres and culture split into something new, different and separate?? just cause something is related to hiphop doesn't mean i down with it. I mean sure.. i'm an old fuck too and got maad respect for everything in my past... speaking on that dance tip... in the 7th grade me an my best friend Destroyed the girls dance crew (like 10 deep, all cheerleader quality).. we added taikwondo to dope beats to flip the ill technique. Anyway..

following your thought.. i respect kids and all their crazy-kid-shit... cause i know that's how some looked at us when my crew were kids.. that don't mean i understand it or give a fuck.. but hey, kids are kids... children are children.. babies are babies..

i'm on some adult shit now though and don't expect a dime for my production time... i can do that though.. for everyone making a life in the game, i can't judge you.. my only thoughts are in making a positive impact and do not be a pawn in the BIG SCHEME. the scheme being making money at all and any expense.. pimps, drugs, a&rs and big business all have the same thing in common

much love rel

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
LMAO! I must be getting old. That ish looked straight retarded to me.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
making money doesn't mean makin' advancement... like I.T. said.. just means a million people (in this case kids) are dumb as fuck

you don't see Joseph Bell (stradivarius violenist and videogamer champion) on the charts for a reason.... and it's sad

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Strategicly speaking why cant you do both (specifically @relic Get the strip joints jumpin and do what u like? hypothetically)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Best shit is to get known doing the stripper music...then when they hear your more hip-hop side to production you would be appreciated more....

That stripper music shit is crack, btw...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
making money doesn't mean makin' advancement... like I.T. said.. just means a million people (in this case kids) are dumb as fuck

Sucker born every minute...and they are the ones that buy the records.....money is money..no matter how ignorant the bastid that holds it.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
When you see kids dancing and it doesn't bring a smile to your face and make you reminisce about your younger days you're simply not human or alive! These are kids having fun dancing and making crazy, STUPID money doing it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. If advertisers want to throw madd money at this kid he'd be a damn fool not to take it.

When he eventually turns to that gang and beef shit is when I'll have a problem with him. He's already headed down that road. I hope he puts on the breaks and sticks to producing younger acts instead of becoming an adult still doing stupid shit or worse.

I could actually see this kid being a modern day MCHammer in more ways than one if he doesn't surround himself with the right people to protect his brand and his money. Hammer had it all but was hella careless with his money. SB is showing signs or being of the same mold. He spends money like he's going to be at the top of his game forever. Michael Jackson wasn't at the top for a life time...no one ever is! When you get use to spending reckless amounts and massive amounts are no longer coming in you'll go broke reallllllllllly fast. Uncle Sam has always got a hand on your wallet....even when it's empty!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Best shit is to get known doing the stripper music...then when they hear your more hip-hop side to production you would be appreciated more....

That stripper music shit is crack, btw...

Thanks dude! lol.. Thats the idea.

Strategicly speaking why cant you do both (specifically @relic Get the strip joints jumpin and do what u like? hypothetically)

NO your exactly right, I am still producing my regular acts doing the stuff I have always done, but to promote myse;f as an alter ego and an artist Im doin booty shakin shit.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I'm not your friend anymore.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
lol. U know what bothers me tho. Back when I was a kid and teen we wemt to church dances and house parties but u had to be nice wit the foot work. Now it just looks like the same old shit,,,kids boppin up and down doin the same moves over and over in a loop.

This is skill:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLcS-9I7f_U"]YouTube - Black Eyed Peas Live Sydney Dance: Taboo, Will.I.Am And Apl[/ame]

I think Relic should watch the Sir Mix A Lot video.
Its all about whether you are doing it for the money or the love.
By knowingly making crap I personally feel you are disrespecting the artform.
But you do what you have to do. Thats just my honest opinion.
There is a market for all types of hip hop, and all forms has its place, but you have to ask yourself, arer you happy doing it. If you are happy then fuck it carry on, if it clashes with your moral values then maybe you should stop it.
I sense it has an effect on your morals by the way you have come up with an alias so it doesnt besmirch the name Relic.
This is a matter between you and yourself, only you can decide if you should carry on.
I have decided to start giving shit away for free, fuck it, im in this for the love, money is just a bonus, being as I hardly ever get paid for it anyway. No one is hearing my shit while it sits on my computer, so fuck it, if I give it away free at least people are listening, and the traffic on my site has gone up quite a bit.
I just want people to enjoy the music I make, thats the most important thing to me.
And I dont want to feel like I have compromised my values to achieve it.
But thats just my personal opinion.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Relic doesnt have the same effect as DJ Dirty Nuts, which is an inside joke in my clique anyway, yes its fun to make actually takes more effort than I thought at first, and you can besmirch me all you want but if I do a tour in europe and am surrounded by strippers you will be more than welcome to be down as fuck and then tell me if I am doing it wrong. lol
Less of a love of hiphop thing and more of a fill a market type of things.. Like "Ho cakes", "Ho's gotta eat!"
lol, I havent compromised jack imo. I am "diversifying my market ".

members online