cheap turntables?

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Anybody know where I can get a cheap, but good enough turntable set? Something basic enough to get samples from vinyl. With that and fruity loops, what else do I need (as far as soundcard, midi interface, etc.

Right now my set up is

1. FruityLoops Studio Prod. Edition

anybody use Audio Grabber to rip songs from CDs

hit me back!

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i BEEN TRYiN To SELL MY oTHER TURNTABLE FoR A LiTTLE WHiLE NoW, iTS A GEMiNi XL-100 BELT DRiVE, i HAVE TWo AND i USE THE oTHER oNE FoR MY ViNYL SAMPLES WHiLE THE oTHER oNE CoLLECTS DUST.SoUND QUALiTY iS GoOD.iM oN THE SAME SETUP.
MiGHT BE A HASTLE iF YoU WANT iT, BEiNG iN PHiLLY AND ALL.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Not tryna take no Bizzness away from Guevara. But DoNot Get a Belt drive TurnTable. Even if you just want to get it for grabing the ocasional sample from vinyl. Numark and staton make decent DIRECT DRIVE turntables in the under $200 price range. None I would suggest you dj out with (which isn't your purpose) , but are definately good for the studio and even to throw in a lil scratch if you want. Ill post back with a few links to some models later. Also Technics 1200's goin for like $250 online. I even seen some 1 selling 1 for $200 .

ill o.g.
Theres nothin wrong with a belt-drive. Especially if your just samplin. Even if your scratchin on the shit, itll be about a year before you REALLY need a new belt, which is only $10. I know direct is better, but beltdrives are fine for samplin.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i CoULD CARE LESS ABoUT THE BUSiNESS, i JUST DoNT WANT To SEE SoN SPEND REDiCULoUS MoNEY iF HES JUST TRYiN To SAMPLE, EVEN iF HE DoESNT BUT iT FRoM ME ( i AiNT TRYiN To BE HASSLED WiTH SHiPPiNG AND HANDLiNG oVER No DAMN 30 DoLLARS ANYWAY) BELT DRiVES Do SUCK FoR SCRATCHiNG BUT THEY PLAY JUST AS WELL AS ANY.
BUT iF YoU Do PLAN oN SCRATCHiNG FANToM iS RiGHT You SHoULD GET SoME 1200'S, BUT You SHoULD HiT A PAWN SHoP or SoMETHiNG CUZ THEY ARE EXPENSiVE.

members online