Cheating On FL....W/t Reason

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I've been producing for about 4 years now with FL but for the past week or so I have fell in love with Reason. At 1st I was using rewire for both of them and then I just converted all the way over to Reason and I have to say this is a real good program. If I didn't have my midi controller I probably would think it sucked but with it I have to say its better than FL. Ouch! Yea I've been defending FL for the longest and I will probably still use it from time to time but Reason is my new boo. lol

Pz,
Bosta

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LOL. That's funny. I used to be like that with Reason. I've only tried FL a couple times, but never got into it 'cause it's not cross platform and I'm a mac cat. But once I got into it, it just kept calling me, and calling me, and calling me. I even use it without a midi controller. I can use my laptop keyboard to trigger with this program. http://homepage.mac.com/seishu/ssworks/microSynth.html There's one avail for PCs on www.bome.com I never used that one, but I heard it works pretty good.

X

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I jus like how quick u can make your workflow and ideas come out quicker that way for me in reason. Plus, when i want to do something that i have an idea of doing, even if i never bothered tryin it before in reason when i was still learning it, i would go head and experiment and it would work just the way i guesses it to. Now thats intuitive.

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have both and I definitely prefer FL. Reason makes thing way more complicated than they need to be.

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i disagree

Sorry to barg in but i m a long time flstudio user ( since version 1. somthing when it was just a drummachine) i find reason to be intersting but i use it only for its sounds period. i find some parts of it complexe for no reason + if it wasnt for rewire, there would be no expension possibilities.

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Bosta said:
I've been producing for about 4 years now with FL but for the past week or so I have fell in love with Reason. At 1st I was using rewire for both of them and then I just converted all the way over to Reason and I have to say this is a real good program. If I didn't have my midi controller I probably would think it sucked but with it I have to say its better than FL. Ouch! Yea I've been defending FL for the longest and I will probably still use it from time to time but Reason is my new boo. lol

Pz,
Bosta

tsk tsk tsk Cheating on your wife like that bosta, you should be ashamed. :( :p

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Sonar and Logic are completely different beasts tho. U really cant compare them to Reason. And on the real - Reason has a very easy, straight foward sequencer that is very capable of accomplishing many tasks on a professional level. I think often from reading various responses to the same question basically in multiple threads - that reason just tends to not be for everyone. For example - i find it to be Highly intuitive and easy to use, while others see it as a polar opposite.

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
lol deca i know, i feel bad - fl is a great program but it seems like it was for more of a beginning stage and reason is more advanced.......w/o a midi controller it may be kinda tough, but with it - its the shiz - lol ill always come back tho

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
I used to use fl loads but then i copped reason and preffered that, it took me a while to get into cuz i was so used to fl but now i jus use reason cuz i jus think its better

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Deca said:
i find some parts of it complexe for no reason + if it wasnt for rewire, there would be no expension possibilities.

Reason isn't to complex if you understand the architechture of it. It's more for folks that have knowledge of hardware; analog synthesis and digital sampling from hardware perspective.

X

http://www.xfactorystudio.com

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Producer X said:
Reason isn't to complex if you understand the architechture of it. It's more for folks that have knowledge of hardware; analog synthesis and digital sampling from hardware perspective.

X

http://www.xfactorystudio.com
EXACTLY.....I always jus tell cats its like "training wheels" for the real thing since all the routing is done the same way and u have to understand how signals transmit and where they go, and kno how to model synth sounds and all that.

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
It is possible to use them both simultaneously tho (a threesome, if you will. lol.) Im more comfortable using FL and find Reason to be a nice alternative to making beats.

-Roy

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I started out with FL and then cames across Reason. Tried and haven't touched FL since. Don't fight it pot'na.....
go with it!

members online