Check out Aftermath Drama in Source Article

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I just picked up the latest Source, I rarely buy it I always read it and leave it on the newstand but I was very interested in what they had to say about Aftermath, basically a group of Dre's closest associates went and started their own company due to the alleged "BS" at Aftermath. It also said that Rakim left the label after being put in the studio with "C-List Producers" and not getting much studio time with Dre. Goddamn I was really waiting on another album from the god too!

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yea, about the Rakim break up from Aftermath. I was really looking forward to the shit Dre and Rakim were gonna put out together, I was bummed when i saw that he split.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i heard some reports that dre wasnt really feeling premiers beats and wasnt tryin to fuck wit him, Rakim was offneded by it.

B

BeatOff

How can you believe anything the source says, they are on a mission to rip apart anything associated with aftermath and eminem.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
benzino is too busy saying that eminem is ruining hip hop but with his constant hate on everybody with shady aftermath and the xxl he is doing nothing but making matters worse..it's hip hop genocide

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
uh.... benzino just needs to... um...... i dunno, do anything that has nothing to do with hip hop, thats all i know.....

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
yall know what else is funny..Benzino and almighty rso were out the same time as house of pain and theyy never said anything to them...I happend to catch th start and Bucwild morning show before they were taking off the air and benzino said himself nobody has stepped to him like they scared of him so I'm going to be the one that test him

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
We, French people have now our own version of the Source.
"THE SOURCE MAGAZINE , le magazine du hip hop et de la politique"

Basically it's the original version translated in French (sometimes litterally !!!) with a few extra articles on local artists.

it's really sad to think that the B.S can be exported so easily ... :(

p.s : saw the same b.s article in it ....

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This months issue was a blantant smudge campaign which make you question the full truth of the shit. Its like "can I believe the Source anymore". This beef shit has went a little to far. Benzino shouldn't bring the Mag in to it. But I guess they couldn't make them dudes, lie about how Dre treated them, and took credit for they beats, and how the hell do you not put out Rakims shit.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Thats bad, I mean you got one of the greatest rhyme sayers of all time a legend signed to your label along with some of the dopest producers, and you didn't get the album done, somebody needs to get their head chopped of at Aftermath, ignoring all the gossip and talk about what Dre did or so and so said, you got to remember this is the music business there ain't no friends unfortunately in most cases, but If I had a chance to work with Rakim, you better believe I would lock myself in the studio for two months and come out with the hottest shit this side of the earth foreal. There's no excuse for Dre, put you differences aside get the gods album done!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
I don't understand whay almost everyone is blamin dre for rakim leaving..Rakim*WAS*great but there is a reason why he moved on and for people to say dre is the reason are just fans of rakim....I'm sure all of us will lock ourselves in the studio if iven the chance to work with rakim only to get a name for us as producers but honestly can anyone tell me what dre has lost by not working with rakim..I think he lost nothing because he already is an established hip hop icon that has made more of an impact on the game than rakim has made or will make
so if anything Rakim was wrong for leaving..and I seriously doubt that Rakim would have sold a million records and where ever he goes he will not sell a million records..I wis him the best of luck but the game is moving too fast for him and he's too old to do this

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
More harsh words from the NEW "Mad-Forum-Poster" lol

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I'm not blaming anyone for the Aftermath/Rakim split. All I'm saying is that i think Dre and Rakim could have put the sickest hip hop we have heard in awhile together.

B

beatbeast

I agree with tim but inrcty has a valid point I feel Rakim needed Dre more than Dre needed Rakim

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Originally posted by beatbeast
I agree with tim but inrcty has a valid point I feel Rakim needed Dre more than Dre needed Rakim
you put what I said in to a very simple format..That is the exact truth rakim needs dre more that dre needs rakim

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Truth Told
dre doesnt really need anyone..... except scott storch!

and Eminem, anybody think where aftermath would be without him???

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well..... actually it didnt cross my mind. the thing with eminem, its like, who needed who there? of course it ws dre who made him the star he is, but em single handedly saved the label from being a joke..... chicken and the egg as far as i am concerned...