Chill/Lofi Maschine Plus Beat

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Picked up the Maschine Plus a couple nights ago. Took some time to get re-familiarized with the full sized Maschine (I've been on the Mikro MK3 since summer 2018).

Also spent some time getting the external MIDI synths setup and creating a project template inside Maschine. The USB mixer I have is just a little short of being the perfect use for it.

The goal was to do as much, as possible, inside Maschine - in standalone mode. Writings and arrangement was mostly handled in Maschine. All but three sounds are Maschine stock or NI expansion. Those three being the crash cymbal, drum fill and the guitars I recorded in. With the exception of the final mix, most FX are all stock as well.

With respect to final mix; there's just a little drum bus compression and sidechain.

Overall, really enjoying this piece of kit. It's the perfect blend of complete DAW-less setup I have with the MPC 1000 and Computer workflow I have with Maschine+Logic Pro.

Would love to hear your feedback on my beat, and your thoughts on the Maschine Plus.

Cheers,

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Picked up the Maschine Plus a couple nights ago. Took some time to get re-familiarized with the full sized Maschine (I've been on the Mikro MK3 since summer 2018).

Also spent some time getting the external MIDI synths setup and creating a project template inside Maschine. The USB mixer I have is just a little short of being the perfect use for it.

The goal was to do as much, as possible, inside Maschine - in standalone mode. Writings and arrangement was mostly handled in Maschine. All but three sounds are Maschine stock or NI expansion. Those three being the crash cymbal, drum fill and the guitars I recorded in. With the exception of the final mix, most FX are all stock as well.

With respect to final mix; there's just a little drum bus compression and sidechain.

Overall, really enjoying this piece of kit. It's the perfect blend of complete DAW-less setup I have with the MPC 1000 and Computer workflow I have with Maschine+Logic Pro.

Would love to hear your feedback on my beat, and your thoughts on the Maschine Plus.

Cheers,

You should submit this to some of those lo-fi / beats for studying type playlists on Spotify and get some streams! Great work. The drum fill to support the transition was a nice touch.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
You should submit this to some of those lo-fi / beats for studying type playlists on Spotify and get some streams! Great work. The drum fill to support the transition was a nice touch.
Thanks brother!

I've actually been thinking about submitting a few tracks. Maybe I'll give it a serious attempt and put a playlist together to shop around.

The drum full was a last minute decision. Thanks for listening.

If you had made this on an Mpc it would have sounded dope! Haha, nah nice one on getting ya self a machine, enjoy.

As the title states, nice chill vibe, bass and hats had me going before the drums even kicked in, dope rhythm throughout. Nice work, chill head nodder!

members online