Chopping on the mpc 1000

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I learned last night that there is no zone/chopping option on the 1000. PLease correct me if Iam wrong. If this is so let me know the best way of going about choppping up a sample, besides the obvious. Thanks fellas. One

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
There are not Zones but, it still has a way to chop on it, using the screen and your dial on there, it has a zoom and everything its just not as detailed as the zones etc if you want to arrange at a really high level, now looking at my old 3000 or 2000, at first you really feel shorted but I have started getting used to it.....the workaround is to get yourself an application like Soundforge, take your sample and chop it PRECISELY.....then either save it to your card via usb or sample it to your mpc......thats what I do now, it works really good.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
In the Trim mode, you can extract certain "chops" to make new samples, thats how i split up my samples.

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ Hoppa said:
In the Trim mode, you can extract certain "chops" to make new samples, thats how i split up my samples.

yeh go mode-trim then use the dial to select the start and end of the sample u want. u can play or loop the bit youv got if u want before u extraxt it. also use trim to normalise a sample.

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah man, if you can breakout, use external software jsut like BigD said. If not use the MODE-TRIM option and select the part you want with the jog dial or by punching in the numeric values of your loop points, and then extract to new sample. This will use up memory, so if you don't have the 128MB memory upgrade, get it. You'll thank yourself later, or you'll find yourself running out of memory. Out

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Luckily I got the 128. But yo, one more question: SO I have my sample ,and I trim down the portion that I want to assign to a pad and hit "edit" to delete the unwanted part. How do I assign it to a pad? and secondly, after the sample is trimmed, can I get back to my original full sample? or do I have to que up the record or whatever again and do the same fo the other portion I want to trim? In other words will I lose the entire original sample after I trim?

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
you got to slide the jog wheel and "extract" instead of "discard"

that way your original sample will stay intact.

When you extract, the MPC asks if you would like to assign your new sample to a pad, and allows you to choose which pad you want your new extracted sample to go to.