chopping up a sample?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
after I chop my sample and assign it to keys I then start playing with each key to get a melody going. My problem is my sample chops keep playing over each other and I don't know why? It's not sounding right I hit one key and that's the vocal part I wanna use and then it another key which is the piano part I wanna use and the vocal part seems to play over the piano part and it don't sound right. I'm using fl studio 4 and adobe but I been trying to use the fl slicer. can someone shed some light. thanks

ill o.g.
well u can use recycle with the FL Slicer and u go into the ins tab and turn off the timming then the next tab and turn up ur polyphony to 1 soo a sample peice plays until u hit another key.......I use the FL Slicer sumtime but mostly the wave traveller cause dat get its precise without having to use seperate channels of the sample...

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
how you turn your polyphony off in fruity loops?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
How do you make one chop play untill another one is played in the fruity slicer I used play to end but my chops end up playing together sound terrible need to trigger one sample then another right after.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
How do you make one chop play untill another one is played in the fruity slicer I used play to end but my chops end up playing together sound terrible need to trigger one sample then another right after.

I dont even use FL but when i first tried the FL slicer which I didnt like, It was mad easy to get it to play samples, map them across the board, and all that shit.

and there had to have been at least two ways to do what ur asking.... but i think i went into the track properties and adjusted the amp filter.

and matter of fact i thought there was a led button on the fruity slicer itself to cutitself or something... iono im goin off years old memory, but i remember it was some obvious way to do it.

Did you try it first? or are you just asking us first cuz you don't wanna get it wrong? cuz i think you'd be able to figure this out pretty easily.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help, if i had fl i'd give u instructions, but just try it out.. let us know

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
I'm asking how I can play one key and it will hold my note untill I let go, but when I let go I want to stop playing and not continue to the end of sample. The button of fruity slicer says play till end when pressed it will play sample to end but if I let go of key it won't stop playing that note.

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I'm not in front of my FL Studio 7 (yo *ss should upgrade by the way).. :) BUT, in the Channel display (should come up when you click on the slicer button on the step sequencer), there is a button to activate/deactivate the ADSR functions (it will light up).. check that and it should fix the issue. i can recall if it needs to be on or off, but since there is only two choices, you should be able to figure it out... good luck

members online