Classic asked a question about IT jobs

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
" Information technology jobs in the industry
Sup G,

Currently i am in the process of job hunting in NY. I am hitting up all the usual places but i was wondering about industry jobs in my field,

I have a masters degree in information systems and extensive software engineering and database maintence skills. The thing is, i dont really know where to find these "industry IT jobs" i have applied at the parent companies websites but im lookin for something on a label level or even a recording studio.Ive even gone to the extent of faxing my resume to differnt lables(with a cover letter of course). do u have any advice

Thanks for ur time

classic"

Classic:

The industry is going digital, there's no room to stop it. If you've tried the standard webmaster, general IT services for the company route... studios are becoming increasingly more dependent on the net in a way that you can record people from other studios over the net or even over satellite.

In any case, you should look into jobs at iTunes or content seller. Unless you want to be the guy everybody calls for a Blackberry problem at the record company... you'd have to be a technician of some sort at a studio.

Have you considered also trying to see if music instrument makes, or software companies that make music related stuff would need you? You can give that a shot.

I don't have a lot of time, I'll write down more ideas for you if I have some time to marinate on this a bit.

late

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
THanks for the response, some good pointers

YEa ive been hitting up the instrament companies, ive actually gotten some promising call backs from a company that writes m-audio drivers in the bronx. But i know there is much more out there then being advertised, im trying to find a way to get intouch with those opeings. Ive already applied to the BIG 5 record companies, but im interesteing in something moere on a lable level

keep the feedback coming

Good lookin

class..

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo class .... you want some advice ... i am not sure if you are already doing this but do NOT mention anything about making music when you interview... companies will ot hire you if they that you want to be in new york to pursue your career... my advice is keep music completely out the picture untill you get hired.. i dont know your situation but i fuced up an interview once cuz i talked about my interests and hobbies too much.. tell them in your spare time you like fix your friends computers and read software manuals and shit lol... and they will hire you for that IT shit.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Ash Holmz said:
yo class .... you want some advice ... i am not sure if you are already doing this but do NOT mention anything about making music when you interview... companies will ot hire you if they that you want to be in new york to pursue your career... my advice is keep music completely out the picture untill you get hired.. i dont know your situation but i fuced up an interview once cuz i talked about my interests and hobbies too much.. tell them in your spare time you like fix your friends computers and read software manuals and shit lol... and they will hire you for that IT shit.

Yea most def man, i definaly keep music out of my professinal life and dont mention it at interview at all

. As a matter of fact very few people know im a producer. I keep it on the low. good lookin on the advice though

Answer your phone fool!!!

class..