Classic Soul Ballads - Digged and Flipped

• beat this! voting starts in...

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Here's a mix I did.
First the sample is played, and then afterwards the beat I made from that sample is played.

This is just a way for me to show how one person(me) can flip a sample, and I hope someone can learn a thing or two, or at least get some insperation.

Tracklisting:
The Manhattans - Shining Star
The O'Jays - Let me make love to you
The Isley Brothers - Don't say goodnight (It's time for love pt 2 & pt 2)
Regina Belle - Make it like it was

Listen to it here:
http://www.myspace.com/vincebbeats

It's 8min long, but hopefully it will be worth it

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tight stuff man. thansk for that

I really would like to hear more stuff like this in terms of hearing how samples get flipped

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
yo dope shit gives me some inspiration...like how all the samples you flipped were all slow songs but you made them like upbeat i would never known they were slow love songs-that kid

B

Bucknasty

Good sh*t son ima make a mix of my own using the same samples so people could see theres more than one way to skin a cat.

D

d-twizzle

Just wondering what kind of setup you're using. FL Studio?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
yup.

With Kontakt 2 VSTi

D

d-twizzle

I could kind of tell it was FL. I can usually tell because not many notes are held for long, that's usually a give away. I don't know, I guess for me it is. If you know how, try to add a bassline or playing something with the built in synth. That will add a lot more depth. Anyway, the stuff sounds pretty good, I like the way you flipped some of the stuff. Keep up the good work.

Fcukisthis?

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Vince said:
Here's a mix I did.
First the sample is played, and then afterwards the beat I made from that sample is played.

This is just a way for me to show how one person(me) can flip a sample, and I hope someone can learn a thing or two, or at least get some insperation.

Tracklisting:
The Manhattans - Shining Star
The O'Jays - Let me make love to you
The Isley Brothers - Don't say goodnight (It's time for love pt 2 & pt 2)
Regina Belle - Make it like it was

Listen to it here:
http://www.myspace.com/vincebbeats

It's 8min long, but hopefully it will be worth it

That's That Piff!

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
I could hold a note for as long as I wanted in FLStudio :S
I don't really know what you mean by that. Sure, some of the beats are choppy, but that was the sound I was looking for.

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Yo VINCE man, pretty nice choppin & flippin samples. Big ups man. Check out some of my tracks sometime www.soundclick.com/kurtisrich let me know what ya think.

Oh, by the way, I liked the Isley Brothers sample that u used for your beat, I decided to use the same sample myself and make my own rendition. check it out on the page I'm gonna post it when I'm done.

j p

ill o.g.
thanks i really like to hear how people flip the sampels and stuff. major props and i think all of them are pretty nicely flipped. nice job

members online