classical music in hip hop

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
have you ever been listening to a hip hop or rap song and then all of the sudden you're like "i know i've heard that melody in some classical piece" and then you look through all your classical music and find it?

well, that just happened to me, except in reverse. i was just listening to this classical piece written by Faure called Pavane for Guitar and String Orchestra and all of the sudden i recognized it as something i'd heard before in some Bliss n Eso song.

so i went searchin through and sure enough i found it in this song Greenhouse by bliss n eso on their mixtape.

so, any of you guys had this same thing happen or anyone care to list their favorite hip hop/rap songs that sample classical pieces? classic, i know you gotta have somethin for me.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
if somebody says "Nas - I Know I Can" I'm gonna slap them.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
djswivel said:
Canibus - 2000 BC

I actually flipped that same sample too, it came out dope....Prolly my first real dope beat I ever did used that sample (Mozart - Dies Irae)
fuck that i wud flip that sample even if canibus used it...that beat wuz flipped horribly and its vomit worthy..

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Bloodybastid said:
Xzibit - "Paparazzi"

Virtuoso - "Farenheight 911"

Army of the Pharaohs- "Battle Cry"
Actually Paparazzi is a sample from a Billy Joel song that had the sample in it. An Battle Cry is a classic rock sample.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Anybody remember the Latin Rascals?
They used to play Synth classical peices with like Break Dance beats , shit was hot then.
Nas-I know I can!!! *ducks* J/K
I hate to say it but that P-Diddy "You can hate me now" (O Fortuna) was a good beat.
Someone needs to flip the big ass Ode to Joy rendition the British did when they returned
Hong Kong to the Chinese.
Or just post that shit to flip cuz that would be a hot flip!!!

T

The Bastard

djswivel said:
Canibus - 2000 BC

I actually flipped that same sample too, it came out dope....Prolly my first real dope beat I ever did used that sample (Mozart - Dies Irae)
THATS ONE OF THE HARDEST SONGS/BEATS I EVER HEARD
MY OFFENSE IS A MIXTURE OF MIKE AND MUHAMED,KNOCK A NIGGA UNCONCIOUS THAT TALKS SHIT, IN BARE KNUCKLE BOXIN SPEED IS THE OBJECT,WEAVIN AND DODGIN THRU DEFENSIVE OBJECTS, WOOOOOAAAH