Claudio Gizzi - "Frankenstein's Theme"

You got an alternate link for that? I'm trying to check you out, but for whatever reason, I can't get it to play.
If you click the title of the song it will take you to a page where the player does work. Its a bug apparently that the forum player doesnt work in the forum.

I have just come up with something like this:

Very choppy flip, its not my sort of thing but that said, the beat flows okay, the bass is cool, the drums could bang a little more, Id try making the drums the loudest in the mix with the bass line slightly below that, then mix everything else to fit the drums and the bass. The sample seems slightly too loud, forcing everything else back into the mix. Its not major, but I think the drums could bang a bit more.

Very choppy flip, its not my sort of thing but that said, the beat flows okay, the bass is cool, the drums could bang a little more, Id try making the drums the loudest in the mix with the bass line slightly below that, then mix everything else to fit the drums and the bass. The sample seems slightly too loud, forcing everything else back into the mix. Its not major, but I think the drums could bang a bit more.

Thank you for your taking the time to provide me with feedback. :) Really appreciate it. :D I agree the drums could be louder but I don't have time nor the will to actually play with it right now. Maybe sometime in the future I will improve it. Could you please elaborate on the term "choppy flip"? :D Did you mean that there were too many chops?

Thank you for your taking the time to provide me with feedback. :) Really appreciate it. :D I agree the drums could be louder but I don't have time nor the will to actually play with it right now. Maybe sometime in the future I will improve it. Could you please elaborate on the term "choppy flip"? :D Did you mean that there were too many chops?
Its basically the Primo style of sampling, very choppy. Its just a taste thing really. Sometimes it works really well, other times it can sound a bit generic. Primo is the master of choppy beats, he does it really well. To further expand on that, its placing a lot of chops together to make the basic loop, but you can hear the chops clearly. At the end of the day its just a taste thing, take it or leave it. I said it as a disclaimer to what followed, I dont have to like a beat style to give fair constructive criticism, wasnt knocking the beat.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Have been away for a while...back on illmuzik with this sample flip here...
@Memento Beats Sounds good, maybe some filter out some midrange off the sample, drums could be more punchy, overall...nice
@C4NTK33P5T1LL I think this needs more work. Drums are week, it needs more defined structure, I think you can repeat the first 20 seconds and work on that, I like that

Kod4R

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 19
Heya guys, I have not been on the forum long time. I remember that i left because i started working on a beattape, which i've lost somehow. And, few days earlier, @crosstevsky contacted me on fb and reminded me of this forum (thank you mate).. So im back, with sample flip, and new storytelling beattape, which i'll post in the Showcase.

So, enough about me, let's talk your flips :D
@Memento Beats that's great flip, a real banger! Keep up the good work.
@C4NTK33P5T1LL I LOVE the way you flipped the sample, but i think the rhytm can be a bit better!
@crosstevsky that's dope flip bro, i can hear Strajk on it :p

So, for my flip, i want to say i just heard the sample, and flipped it as fast as possible, because i have some work to do, so im posting it without mix/master. Just chopped, flipped and added rhytm, because i really want to kinda announce my return here.
Hope you'll like it!

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Heya guys, I have not been on the forum long time. I remember that i left because i started working on a beattape, which i've lost somehow. And, few days earlier, @crosstevsky contacted me on fb and reminded me of this forum (thank you mate).. So im back, with sample flip, and new storytelling beattape, which i'll post in the Showcase.

So, enough about me, let's talk your flips :D
@Memento Beats that's great flip, a real banger! Keep up the good work.
@C4NTK33P5T1LL I LOVE the way you flipped the sample, but i think the rhytm can be a bit better!
@crosstevsky that's dope flip bro, i can hear Strajk on it :p

So, for my flip, i want to say i just heard the sample, and flipped it as fast as possible, because i have some work to do, so im posting it without mix/master. Just chopped, flipped and added rhytm, because i really want to kinda announce my return here.
Hope you'll like it!
Sure bro, flip is dope, maybe add some more elements like bass or something else.