Cleaning your equipment

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Although i dust off all my equipment daily i feel that it's not clean and i want to use something moist to really clean it lets say once twice per month.

What do you use? How do you clean your hardware?

Voo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
if by hardware you mean things like midi-controllers, keyboards, amps, etc then "dusting" isn't the right answer anyway. If its not a flat, smooth surface - you're just pushing all that crap into the machine. Using a damp cloth is even worse if you are going over nobs and keys. When you dampen the dust it clots together.

Go get one of those spray cans of compressed air and hit all the joints of your hardware. It will blast the dust out and you only really need to do it once a week.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
if by hardware you mean things like midi-controllers, keyboards, amps, etc then "dusting" isn't the right answer anyway. If its not a flat, smooth surface - you're just pushing all that crap into the machine. Using a damp cloth is even worse if you are going over nobs and keys. When you dampen the dust it clots together.

Go get one of those spray cans of compressed air and hit all the joints of your hardware. It will blast the dust out and you only really need to do it once a week.

Doesnt this just blow the crap into the machine?

Voo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
no. angle it.

3M.jpg

actually, I just vacuum my shit. seriously

O

open mind

yeah i clean my motherboard/inside my pc case with similar shit then that.its def. nice tool u know.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
it just won work. i feel my fingertips gathering dust so i whiped my controller with alcohool

members online