Clearing Samples

thaprecepta

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey, I was just wonderin when exactly do you have to clear a sample. Is it when you post it on something like myspace, or when you send it in a demo, or when? Also, what if you have 2 samples in the recording? Do you have to clear both? How do you do you actually clear a sample? Is there a price to clear a sample? Do you only have to clear a sample if you looped it or it contained vocals, not chopped up melodies? Lots of questions I'm sorry its just that I'm a lil curious. Thanks

T

TheMost

Thanks for the link...question tho..if me and my group wanna sell a few records on the streets were not gona get in trouble are we?

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Thanks for the link...question tho..if me and my group wanna sell a few records on the streets were not gonna get in trouble are we?

Unless your gonna be selling (And when I say selling I mean making a good
amount of profit per unit) like over 10,000 records ... No one is going to come after
you. They will only come after if they see your making a nice amount of money
then they will come and collect. If your going to put out a project and it's going to
sell really really well, you have distribution to retail stores, and etc. similar things
you won't have to worry about clearing samples.

It's like the IRS and taxes ... They don't come after you if you slide a few dollars
under the table. They'll wait till they see you sliding a nice large amount of money
and then come after you. Theirs no money in frying the small fish ... Theirs always
bigger fish to fry as the saying goes and I'm speaking from experience.

members online

No members online now.