Click of a button!

Ok, just watched @Fade ‘s video:

Some of you know I’m DAWLESS, and currently make beats solely inside the Mpc. After watching this vid, I have to admit it’s almost time to integrate a DAW with my MPC as @Fade using something called Decimort2 altering drums through a list simply clicking away on the fly.

I mean all those plug-ins you guys have must drastically help with workflow. Loved keeping it ‘simple’ all in one box but the more I look it seems I might be doing it the harder route trying to emulate everything inside the MPC when shit does the hard work for ya.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm glad you liked it. When I use the MPC, it's mainly as a scratchpad of sorts, just getting down my ideas. I know a lot of people use it for all its features but I just don't want to be bothered spending so much time trying to do something in there that I can do quickly in my DAW.

But I do like the fact that in the MPC I can choose to do everything in it if I want. I love the MPC's sequencing, and some of the effects are really good, although somewhat limited. For example, I really like the low and high pass filters, but I prefer those filters in certain plug-ins I have. So if I do it in the MPC, I'll commit to it in certain cases, but a lot of times I'll end up doing that in the DAW instead.

What MPC do you have? I always forget.

I'm glad you liked it. When I use the MPC, it's mainly as a scratchpad of sorts, just getting down my ideas. I know a lot of people use it for all its features but I just don't want to be bothered spending so much time trying to do something in there that I can do quickly in my DAW.

But I do like the fact that in the MPC I can choose to do everything in it if I want. I love the MPC's sequencing, and some of the effects are really good, although somewhat limited. For example, I really like the low and high pass filters, but I prefer those filters in certain plug-ins I have. So if I do it in the MPC, I'll commit to it in certain cases, but a lot of times I'll end up doing that in the DAW instead.

What MPC do you have? I always forget.

Yeah Mpc live so as it’s an update to yours I can use 4 effects compared to (if I remember right) 2 effects on yours?
Loads more options on the Mpc Live and Mpc One but even still the ease that you just went through that list is so much quicker than me pissing about tinkering and tweaking although still good for learning purposes.

Some ILLiens have spoken about various plug ins and effects and I’ve had to sometime to a little research to find the equivalent in the MPC. Obviously all the reverbs and stuff are there but someone spoke of a ‘bit crusher’ which I found similar called decimator.

To be fair I’m still learning the shit load of effects inside Mpc but those DAW plugins would help big time

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah Mpc live so as it’s an update to yours I can use 4 effects compared to (if I remember right) 2 effects on yours?
Loads more options on the Mpc Live and Mpc One but even still the ease that you just went through that list is so much quicker than me pissing about tinkering and tweaking although still good for learning purposes.

Some ILLiens have spoken about various plug ins and effects and I’ve had to sometime to a little research to find the equivalent in the MPC. Obviously all the reverbs and stuff are there but someone spoke of a ‘bit crusher’ which I found similar called decimator.

To be fair I’m still learning the shit load of effects inside Mpc but those DAW plugins would help big time
Yeah the Live and One look great. The fact that you have the MPC software in there with some built-in effects is a bonus, because yeah I only have 2 effects lol. So that's one of the main reasons why I don't bother with the effects much, although the filters are separate of course. The bit crusher I have is really good for the drums, so sometimes I apply that to my drums inside the MPC, works great.

But with something like Decimort it's a game-changer. It's just great that there's an entire list of old school drum machines and samplers to really give the drums so much needed stank.

Did Akai ever update the MPC Software to allow third-party plug-ins?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Yes @Fade Akai allows 3rd party plugins in MPC Software! Some dope ones I recco are from Sample Science.

Yeah the Live and One look great. The fact that you have the MPC software in there with some built-in effects is a bonus, because yeah I only have 2 effects lol. So that's one of the main reasons why I don't bother with the effects much, although the filters are separate of course. The bit crusher I have is really good for the drums, so sometimes I apply that to my drums inside the MPC, works great.

But with something like Decimort it's a game-changer. It's just great that there's an entire list of old school drum machines and samplers to really give the drums so much needed stank.

Did Akai ever update the MPC Software to allow third-party plug-ins?

Yeah Decimort looks great.

3rd party plug-ins in software / DAW and can be used on MPC in controller mode.

members online