Clicking After Samples On The Mpc 1k

T

The Bastard

I Updated My Os To 1.05 The New One And Still After I Play My Samples U Hear Clicks,this Is Really Pissin Me Off I Kinda Wish I Got A 2000xl

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what kinda clicks??? when u loop?? if your loopin and u hear a click its probably because your start and end points arent really on point.. i dunno if the 1k has zoom in the trim screen but thats what i do on my 2kxl to get the points right..

G-French

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man I don't know about the clicks you are getting but I think that 1000 is some junk. I had one for like 4 day and took it back to the store. I was having alot of problems with it freezing.

I just thought of something are you choping your samples in the mpc or on the computer? Because the 1000 has a problem real samples that are choped in recycle and wavelab. If that does not help, and you are not looping anything try to a little fade to the end of your samples so they just don't end all of a sudden. This can make things sound better. I hope I helped.

T

The Bastard

im choppin in cool edit, and its none of them reasons cuz it even happens wit my drum kits that come pre looped

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i guess i would listen to g-french and stop playin with toys.. lol... nah just playing but i dunno, maybe your sounds are too loud and their clippin or sumttin..

ill o.g.
Inspecta,
Contact Akai. I know your probly thinkin that all big companies are gonna treat people like shit, but ive worked with them and there the best. My S20 (discontinued (fyi)) had something wrong with it, and they told me what probly happened and told me the closest place to send it. Its worth givin a call or e-mail.

fastlance

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
if you're planning to use Wavelab v4 to process your samples before exporting them to your mpc1k, here's a tip to avoid ugly surprises!
you'll need to go to options\preferences\file and deactivate "create optimized audio file headers" otherwise you will get a click sound at the start. the helpfile on that settings page in wavelab even warns you that some gear behaves that way. another cause of click sound is often DC offset in start of a wave file. most serious audio editors do however have that tool integrated.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
I got a 1k too I get clicking also, even though I upgraded to 1.05. But I sample from some old vinly that needs to be clean, so there's a lot of noise in my samples. For those who are using software maybe you should zero-point your st and end points on your samples.

members online