Co1u vs Non USB Mics

Agility

ill o.g.
Ok, So is the Samson Co1u any good, or is it a better idea to get a Pre amp and a Mic? Also, for hiphop what's better(If such is), Dynamic(Like an SM58), or Condensers?

I had the Co1u on order, but due to being impatient i cancelled, as they didn't have it in stock but maybe it was meant to happen and meant to give me time to think if the mic was any good. :p The only thing offputting to me about the CO1U, is not being able to listen while recording, but is that necessary?

Cheers.

EDIT: It's ok, Mic isn't cancelled, so it's on the way. But still, Im still wondering about this and im sure it will help other people too. :)

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Agility said:
Ok, So is the Samson Co1u any good, or is it a better idea to get a Pre amp and a Mic? Also, for hiphop what's better(If such is), Dynamic(Like an SM58), or Condensers?

I had the Co1u on order, but due to being impatient i cancelled, as they didn't have it in stock but maybe it was meant to happen and meant to give me time to think if the mic was any good. :p The only thing offputting to me about the CO1U, is not being able to listen while recording, but is that necessary?

Cheers.

EDIT: It's ok, Mic isn't cancelled, so it's on the way. But still, Im still wondering about this and im sure it will help other people too. :)

umm, i wouldn't get the the co1u, i've heard that it picks up lots of backround noise from the computer, and sounds knida thin. as far as hearing while while you record, to me it would be important because you can hear mistakes, and correct them without having to got back through the whole verse everytime.