Coast Contra - The Live Experience

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yo this is dope! I've always said that presentation makes a HUGE difference. Instead of just walking back and forth on stage with 40 dudes in the back, do something. I like how they kneel while one guy is rapping, it reminds me of the break crews way back.

Yo this is dope! I've always said that presentation makes a HUGE difference. Instead of just walking back and forth on stage with 40 dudes in the back, do something. I like how they kneel while one guy is rapping, it reminds me of the break crews way back.
Thats what really stood out to me too, the actual performance and entertainment value of the performance. Its good to see some actual talent, keeping it true to the roots and some actual passion for what they are doing. Looks like a bit of actual thought went into the whole thing, with the live band and everything, pretty fucking dope and out of the box(The Roots aside) if you ask me. Presentation matters.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thats what really stood out to me too, the actual performance and entertainment value of the performance. Its good to see some actual talent, keeping it true to the roots and some actual passion for what they are doing. Looks like a bit of actual thought went into the whole thing, with the live band and everything, pretty fucking dope and out of the box(The Roots aside) if you ask me. Presentation matters.
That's exactly it. Years ago I was thinking it would be dope to see a group where they're wearing suits or something like that and all at the mic like those groups from Motown. But rapping of course. Just something to stand out, anything.