Cold Messing Around

• beat this! voting starts in...

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
This is nice, i prefer the bass when its minimal, not sure the hook bass works would need to hear vocals to know. hopefully well hear some bars on it from you

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Love the drums on this. Is the bass synthetic or an up-right sample? The bassline is super dope, but something about the sound of it doesn't jive with me personally.

I like how sparingly you used the funky little guitar chops.

My only criticism would be that maybe there are too many different sounds. It works for this beat, and with instrumentals, it's easy to think something is missing (due to the absence of vocals).

Would love to hear Aesop or some other Def Jux style rappers over this.

Cheers,

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Love the drums on this. Is the bass synthetic or an up-right sample? The bassline is super dope, but something about the sound of it doesn't jive with me personally.

I like how sparingly you used the funky little guitar chops.

My only criticism would be that maybe there are too many different sounds. It works for this beat, and with instrumentals, it's easy to think something is missing (due to the absence of vocals).

Would love to hear Aesop or some other Def Jux style rappers over this.

Cheers,

Thanks for listening. I played the bassline with my Maschine using the Rickbacher bass guitar. This is my go to method. I do not really quantize my sloppy playing to give it a more human touch.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
Vocals definately help the chorus out with the bass, sounds sick on the hook now, you sound too relaxed for the subject matter though need some anger, in my head im hearing B-Real with the quick sharp punch to the words

Thank you for checking out my rapshit.

I guess the thing is I am a pretty chilled dude but yeah would like to hear B-Real on my beats as well.