Commentary on two albums

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Briellz

Erick Sermon was on Rap city today....I like his style...he's not all flashy like this other rappers.

I wonder if his CD is good...does anybody know?

I like his just blaze single "React"

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

http://www.countrythunder.com :where my peeps like to get the low down before they get they ho down.

Do they let white people into hip hop shows?

I remember Eric Sermon from when I was a kid in EPMD, I used to like their videos on Yo MTV Raps, they were smooth and they didn't look like idiots driving around in dropped Suzuki Samurai's. When I heard his latest track (it's title escapes me) I was floored by that killer beat, I hope they play that one out live tomorrow.

Nick

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

The Lyricist Lounge Tour 2002 w/ Scarface and Eric Sermon was, well, CANCELLED.

I showed up at the club in Scottsdale and couldn't find the place because all the lights had been turned off. I finally parked my car and started walking around the area to find it, I finally came across it when I saw a building with papers stapled across the doors saying that the show was cancelled.

A friend of mine who works at a local hip-hop station had given me the tickets, I called him to ask what was up, and he said that this happens ALL THE TIME where big name rap stars are supposed to play out at some club, and on the day of the show they either get too stoned to perform or they figure that they won't miss too much money if they cancel and bail out.

Someone called Mystical did the same thing, he said. I guess the radio station gets a lot of heat about this because they bust their back ends promoting the show, getting people out there, and the artists cancel at the last minute.

Oh well, I was really looking forward to that. Maybe another show...

Nick

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh man I hate that! It does happen all the time with rap shows. When I first started going to shows and they got cancelled or delayed, I would always blame the artists. Then I realized that some of the promoters are at fault too. They'll do anything to bring in more money (advertise certain artists are going to perform, but of course they're not).

One time, I went to see Raekwon and a few other members of Wu-Tang. My friend and I waited outside for like, about 2 hours!!! before they let us in. There was already a lot of people inside and the show had already started, but for some reason they kept a whole bunch of us waiting in the cold. When we got inside, the opening groups were just finishing (good, they sucked anyway), so we were finally gonna see Wu-Tang.

This is not what happened. The only rapper that showed up to perform was Raekwon. That's it. There was supposed to be like 4 members of Wu-Tang performing! He didn't even have his own DJ, he had to get a local DJ to spin for him.

And to top it all off, Raekwon performed for exactly 20 minutes!!!

But anyway, yeah going to rap shows is a bitch most of the time because everyone's shady. Good thing you didn't pay for the tickets!

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SO I gon' call my self an idiot...

It's harder to make easy beats that are hot, less is more.

I know a lot of people who love Juicy J and Dj Paul from Three Six Mafia. They don't have that wannabe Hip-Hop sample shit.

Everybody who wants to be "Hip-Hop" thinks he has to be like Primo, using an MPC and old samples.

Juicy J and Dj Paul have a fresh sound and don't copy those east-coast hoes. Yall ain't talking bout Hip-Hop but most of the time you talk about the east.

P.S. Ludacris' move bitch is wack shit. I agree ...
Lil jon feat. three six mafia and young bloodz - Move bitch
... DOPE :booty:

B

Briellz

I just do and play what I feel...I don't try to compare myself to anybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.