Common – Ghetto Dreams ft NAS

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
What the fuck....

Where did this hip-hop come from?

Where's the 808s??

this is bullshit..I can't pop bottles in the club to this shit....

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
There's supposed to have been a whole album I think, it might be getting leaked.

side note: Not sure Im satisfied by this though, then again Ive never been a Nas of Common fan so...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
lyrics is lyrics, they don't make ish...when Kanye says "Im a bad muhva...", do you bop your head? hahahaha!

@DOX, it says its posted by Nas, not sure that I believe that but just a note.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Seriously, there is some truth to lyrics making a beat...good lyrics over a mediocre beat does help to some extent but I've all but given up on lyrical content because 90% of the ish I hear nowadays is lyrical garbage. I mean how many times do you have to be told "how bad I am" before the ish gets old? Hip hop has been stuck in the state since NWA. Give me something that I can groove with over telling me what you're gonna do to your beaches any day!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
hip-hop was about that for the most part.......

But when they talk about other stuff (ie mac miller, asher roth) they get looked at like clowns...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Oh yeah..let's not forget smoking, shooting, drinking.

But it's an example...

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
lyrics is lyrics, they don't make ish...when Kanye says "Im a bad muhva...", do you bop your head? hahahaha!

@DOX, it says its posted by Nas, not sure that I believe that but just a note.
Its the delivery I'm talking bout really dog...the beat is cool...but if I listened to it without the lyrics...I wouldn't feel this particular beat. I'm not talking about lyrics making every song in general, just this song. The beat is always the canvas

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
The beat may be the canvas in a rappers perspective, I would think its the entire art piece in a producers. But hey, I'm not a rapper/producer I just make them thangs! ;)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
the beat needs to be more complex for me... kick/snare, kick/snare just doesnt cut it on this trk.. sounds good though.

da relic

If I did this beat...there would probably only one more kick in it......

I think the track's content is ehh.....the flow and delivery for both is what carries this track...

Needless to say I need to produce their next track....

members online