Common - Be

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
haven't seen any threads about this album yet.

1. Be - produced by Kanye West & Jay Dee
2. Corners - produced by Kanye West
3. Go - produced by Kanye West
4. Faithful - produced by Kanye West
5. Testify - produced by Kanye West
6. Love is - produced by Jay Dee
7. Chi City - produced by Kanye West
8. The food - produced by Kanye West
9. Real people - produced by Kanye West
10. They say - produced by Kanye West
11. It's your world - Pop's reprise - produced by Jay Dee

I think the first track is the best one, but the whole album is great.
The album got a jazzy feel over it and the sound through out the album is consistent, which I like alot.

Has anyone listened to it yet? What do you think of it?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
The real thing drops 24th of May. So it may not be the complete album I got.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Well i got the XXL and it Said Kanye Did 9 tracks and J Dilla Dropped 2 it Also Got a XXL Rating Basically the Equivalent of 5 Mics So I guess its a Classic

I got it a few days ago an im Feelin all but maybe 3 trackz

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i heard rumours that it was the most boring album of the century. apparently the beats just lack in any character. may not be true though.

sAfE.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
The Corners = The Temptations - "What Is Is" From Solid Rock
Faithful = Faith Evans - "Faithful(Interlude)" From Faithfully
Testify = Honey Cone - "Innocnent till Proven Guilty"

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
i heard rumours that it was the most boring album of the century. apparently the beats just lack in any character. may not be true though.

sAfE.

From what I've heard, so far the album doesn't sound that spectacular either. But The Lyrical content is on point. I was expecting Kanye and Common to bang out somthing unique like "Water for chocolate was" but..Who knows. I wish that Common would have talked to Kanye about letting Questlove help, and let Jaydee do a bit more. I think if Kanye, Questlove and JayDee would have worked together the whole way threw, then "Be" would be a sure fire classic!!!!!!! never the less, I am still copin' the album on the first day!!!

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:

sAfE.

somewhat true, beats not impressing at all

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
yea i only liked about 4 tracks on the whole thing, just got too repetitive and boring for me.....but thats just my taste - somebody else may think its the greatest shit ever

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
I think Kanye could have made crazy beats for Common, but they wouldn't have been right for Common. I personally think that every beat is great for Common's style.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I can already tell... this is gonna be an album where people will listen, not be impressed, then slowly for the next 5 years each listening will reveal new gems. The production on the copy I heard was nice... just wasnt the final mastered copy.

The track "BE" alone is enough to last me a year.

Eurydice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I heard the album, I'm actually feeling the whole album, it's really soulfull...It's on the same level of Miseducation of Lauren Hill....I'm proud of Common.. this album is hot cause Common stepped up his game. Kanye brings out the best of alot of rappers...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well im going to do a review when the finished product hits shelves.

that said..... this is lyrically great, but the production is just kinda "cool". i need to hear a mastered version though. to be honest if the quality is the way it is or even close, and my bet is that this is pretty close. even still... im kind of bored with most of these tracks beatwise.... and i dont belive him when he says "tehy dont hva ethe whole album" unless its been a lie from the jump, theyve been saying 11 tracks for ages now.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Common is ridiculous and terribly underrated in my opinion

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
shit would have been alot better if jay dee aint get sick.... i heard originally it was gonna be half and hald jaydee/kanye.. the best beat by far is the first joint ... the jaydee one... of course... some of it aint grab me at first but its growin on me fosho

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yo does anybody got the corner mp3 i have been lookin for it i just can't find the right one if you do please send it to me through email

but back on subject

i think this should be a solid album, i am not really interested in the beats i am more on what common is sayin as long as the beats are aight and not pure garbage i am straight

dialogic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
FuriouZ said:
Common is ridiculous and terribly underrated in my opinion

def respect ur opinion, but my man didnt like him, saw him live w/ me and was really feelin it... try that... i'm gonna say pretty much what a lotta ppl said about be... i was real excited for some soulful shit mixed in w/ some bangers... i dont even like the studio version of "food" as much as the chappelle show version... but it's def a hot album striaght thru, common is dope over it, and it's somethin diff!!! that's the best part about it... so i agree it's gonna grow on ppl, but that doesnt change that none of the tracks really bang... all in all 3.5 mics, but i'm gettin my copy

members online