compression

C

Cosmonaut

Hmm it depends on what you plan to use it on. Mastering I would say I like the compressor built into Wavelab. Of course the Soundforge compressor isn't bad it can start to pump though if you know what I mean. So soft knee settings are your best bet. If your just compressing a track in your sequencer. Vocals I always use a outboard compressor just my personal thing they give a warm sound in my opinion.

So I would suggest getting wavelab the compressor is pretty discreet and sounds pretty warm. I myself use Logic Audios built in compressor for audio tracks and software intruments. I use wavelab to compress the final product and I use a TL audio 5021 to compress vocals.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I have the Cakewalk Audio FX 3 and it works real nice for compression. Cool Edit's got a few good ones. I think your best bet is to look at plugins, not necessarily entire software programs.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
the compressor that came with pro tools seems to do the trick pretty nicely, but i havent much variety in my experiances with compression.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
I use the Waves platinum bundle....it has the renaissance eq and the c4