Computer Help Plz!!!!

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
so i got this virus. whenever i open up a folder here is what it says exactly.

your computer was infected by trojan.win32.startpage.fg It's dangerous for your system, some of your files can be lost and your system can be slow! click ok to download the antispyware program to clean your computer (recomended)

i am pretty positive that this is the virus trying to trick me to download more shit thats a virus because when i did download the shit my anti virus read it as a virus.... now the problem is i ran my anti virus and everything it says my comp is fine but this shit is mad annoying how can i fix my computer i googled it and couldnt find anything. PLEASE HELP!

Does it only do it for a certain floder, or does it do it for all folders?
Sounds like your anti virus is working because the file it asks you to download is most definitly a virus.
Google "trojan search too" im sure there are some free ones that will look spoecifically for trojans.
A trojan and a virus are technically virus' but a trojan horse creates a backdoor for a hacker, while a virus detroys shit. If it only happens on one folder the its an infected file in that folder. If it happens on all folders then things could be bad already.

I would definitly do a search for a trojan search tool. And as said before the spybot software, after deleting the emulator and running the trojan removal tool, and the spybot then run a full system scan in norton.

Being as its a week old, you shouldnt have too much to lose if you do need to reinstall windows, but thats a last resort.

Looks like Fade is on the ball. Nice one Fade.

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If Windows is showing the message that seems weird because I've never seen Windows give virus alerts. It's probably the virus giving that alert so you'll click it. Yeah try Hijack it's good.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
i ran that program like you said it found 56 threats i deleted them but this pop ups still coming. it is readingit like its coming from windows though. like its a windows pop up not a internet pop up

Windows actually does have a messenger service, http://itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

Back in my Win2K days I had a spyware infection and it hijacked the service. Use the link above and turn it off. After that try and track down the threat, there is other software out. Including free software from MS.

I'm just stabbing in the dark though.

NW

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
or u can do a system restore on the day before u down loaded the virus!

I agree,
unplug the network cable so your computer is off line, run a virus scan, then a system restore to the day before the virus hit.

Then reboot normal, then plug it in, then reboot normal again.

Strangely enough, I got a vrius today, did this, and now I'm back online, things seem clean to me...

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i got a new issue. i reformated my computer and it worked. it got rid of the virus. now i arose a new problem. windows isnt reading the drivers for my "ethernet controller", "sm bus controller","unknown device" so i tryed doing the obvious shit of reinstalling the devices and all that thru device manager and it didnt work. i need to download a driver now the issue is i dont know which driver because i have no cd. the brand of my mother board is a Asus P5k SE and the internet is on the mother board and on the back of the box it says PCIe gb lan controller featuring ai net2

so if any one could help me find out the correct driver i would apreciate it. and give me the instructions to do once i have the driver