computer vs. MPC

C

Captain_Rid

check it I have a computer with an ok amount of memory.
I have Acid 4.0, 1 turntable, old records, and a basic keyboard
Should I save up and purchase something like an MPC so that I could get the feel of it and then use the computer for editing
or should I get a controller for the PC and come up on more software
can a computer and MPC go hand and hand?
Is an MPC good to have?

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
-I use MPC for producing and pc for editing/recording
-computer and MPC can go hand in hand (midi!)
-a mpc is a must have! (joke) --> but a MPC is good to have ;)

X

xkwest

i've used fruityloops for almost a year...i've had my mpc for less than a month... there's no difference in sound... the mpc is more hands on and fun.... compared to using the mouse....

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hands on is the only difference..thats why i bought a midi keyboard and AKai created the MPC pads to use on a PC..

meaning the mpc is useless if u have a pc... and better yet a laptop IMO

B

bE@t Mr.ë?

Yo "dason" where you find the the mpx pad for pc i never seen it holla at me man~1~

C

Copenhagen

be@t Mr.ë?, the pads he's referring too is the Akai MPD-16.

mike kilo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
i got a mpc 60(the best drummachine ever:)), i like it more than the mpc 3000 cause it´s sampling with 40khz and 12bit nonlinear, what makes the drums more punchy+dirty!
but i also use a computer for recording-works fine.

peaze...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
whats hard about arranging on an mpc 3000? thats what i have been looking to get.... i'd like to get rid of my 2000 for a 3000. i heard it has stock drums and more midi ins and outs. is the sequencer different?

E

EXEL THE BRAIN

GET THE 2000 XL ... I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND IM LOVING IT DAWGZ

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by MadScientist
Mpc 3000 the best! fatter drums, better groove, the only thing that sucks is arranging.

Fatter Drums how? Isnt it the sounds you load in? Once a track is mastered it sounds better anyways. I dont understand the mpc=thick drums thing. Its not like people make beats on the mpc then just leave it as is. After you run EQ's etc and master the track it sounds better. Its not the MPC that does it there's no built in sounds in there.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Originally posted by mike kilo
i got a mpc 60(the best drummachine ever:)), i like it more than the mpc 3000 cause it´s sampling with 40khz and 12bit nonlinear, what makes the drums more punchy+dirty!
but i also use a computer for recording-works fine.

peaze...

BEAT OFF, you said how can the drums be fatter. Ask Mike Kilo, maybe its because its a older piece of equipment. Do you own one? would you know from experience? I've used alot of equipment and the 3000 has the most professional sound yet. I havn't used a 60 but I really want to try one I heard there just as goos as the 3000 maybe even better.

B

BeatOff

I havent used one personally but the guy who produces my cousins uses one and i cant tell the difference in sound. I had a 2000XL and the kit you load in is the kit that comes out. Unless you are leaving the beats as is and not mixing them down it doesnt matter.

B

Beatbrigade

MPC is very intuitive.....hands on. Computers can sound hot but lacks the "feel" of hittin' pads, MPC sequencer is unmistakable. I love it and will never give it up for a computer! (Although I'll record my tracks all day on one!)