Confused! Well sort of. HELP ME!!!

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Hey

I jus got a 1k it should be on its way soon. You all know i had the 2k but im confused on wether i should keep it or sale it. I mean i kept sayin i love my 2k i aint lettin it go, ect....

This is my attack of plan

The 1k can load up all my files from the 2k. I can use the USB for transfering sounds back and forth. I can use the CF cards on the 1k and on my computer(built in cf reader) I can now travel with the 1k cause the 2k is so heavy to tote around. I mean the list goes on for why i can get rid of my 2k. But shit its like im contradicting myself right now. I dont know what I should do. I mean im not a big sample head so having two mpcs could end up being useles..

NOTE: Da only thing wrong with my 2k is the NV Slider is completely gone other than that its ready to rock n roll.

Drop your opinion.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I never use the nv slider anyway...I see it pretty simple, anything the mpc1k does I'll do or edit on the pc then record to mpc... all the fx etc, i dont bother for that, just want that sequencer to go pop on the midi outs.

T

The Bastard

u answered your own question, if u aint a big sample head u might as well get rid of the 2k, the only advantage ud have usin the 2k over the 1k comes from manipulation of the samples.and since u dont sample...... for everything else the 1k is just as good if not better. Except the 2k has higher polyphony, however i never ever maxed out the polyphony on a 1k and i dont know anyone who has...

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yeah, just pass the 2k to me and we can solve this problem.... Nah, I'm just playin.. But like Bastard said. IF you don't sample alot then u don't need the 2k. Take the 1k, I think you'll be just as happy if not happier.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Yea i agree with everybody else... Get rid of that 2k and go wit the 1k... I'm in the same boat but i haven't made my mind up yet... But i think you'd be happier with the 1k

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I dont understand ? the only reason you'd buy the 1k is because of the USB support and the flashdrive ...There's no ak.sys for the 1k so the difference between the 1k is minimal unless you want the rompler sounds. If I leave out the fx mumbo jumbo there's not much difference, the sampler isnt better, it has more outputs but the sampler isnt topnotch ( a emu esi already sounds better ). If you really want the handy transfers onto flash etc you could also purchase the scsi combo from scsiforsamplers as they come with media drives too.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
combo of what 2 ? The engine on the 2500 is also the same as the 1k, 2k or 2kxl. Oke, it has chopshop and what not but is that really relevant ?! I mean, recycle chops just as fast if not faster, fx ?! plenty on most of the wav editors available even excluding vsts of which i think the quality is better. Editing via pc is faster than by any mpc which makes the use of whatever media for file transfers just as relatively fast... The 2500 has 128mb of ram, but so do other brand samplers which are just as good, if not better ( I'll refer to the esi again ). The 2500 has 10 outs and a pair of stereo I/O, most samplers do these days, so that nothing special, perhaps if it was a Z8 engine but its not. The filters are better on the 1k and 2500, but again, emu has z plane morphing filters, roland filters are dope and akai is finaly getting there but is it really special ?

Not trying to cramp anyones style or preference but by specs and practicle sense it doesnt really matter. I can agree with the argument for something portable looking at the 1k, but ehr...I'd still get a flightcase for it if you plan on moving it a lot, the bag just doesnt do it in the worst case scenario.

Other than that, mpcs rules, even more with other samplers hooked to it.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
tbh i had the mpc1000 and i hated it, i could never useless its totally useless on its own in my opinion its more of a toy, yea its portable but i never needed to move it around so that didnt help me i just never really found a way of using it, i've got the 2kxl now and im getting on with that much better, its slow as fuck and uses floppy discs ( for now ! ) but sumthing about it i much prefer it feels like a whole unit ! the 1000 effects but these are limited and pretty lame my PC effects units were much better for what i wanted to do, with the 100 you will at least need the RAM upgrade and a bigger CF card, tho the same is true of the 2k its generally much cheaper to do especially the RAM ! Also the USB thing is nice for transferring sounds but why else would you use it, why have an MPC if you chop or sequence on a computer ? an MPD would be better ! i just use the MPC now and track from my 8 outs into pro tools to mix ! thats my 2 anyway...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Formant024 said:
combo of what 2 ? The engine on the 2500 is also the same as the 1k, 2k or 2kxl. Oke, it has chopshop and what not but is that really relevant ?! I mean, recycle chops just as fast if not faster, fx ?! plenty on most of the wav editors available even excluding vsts of which i think the quality is better. Editing via pc is faster than by any mpc which makes the use of whatever media for file transfers just as relatively fast... The 2500 has 128mb of ram, but so do other brand samplers which are just as good, if not better ( I'll refer to the esi again ). The 2500 has 10 outs and a pair of stereo I/O, most samplers do these days, so that nothing special, perhaps if it was a Z8 engine but its not. The filters are better on the 1k and 2500, but again, emu has z plane morphing filters, roland filters are dope and akai is finaly getting there but is it really special ?

Not trying to cramp anyones style or preference but by specs and practicle sense it doesnt really matter. I can agree with the argument for something portable looking at the 1k, but ehr...I'd still get a flightcase for it if you plan on moving it a lot, the bag just doesnt do it in the worst case scenario.

Other than that, mpcs rules, even more with other samplers hooked to it.
Okayyy....Breathe....
Its gonna be ok there. You know that info would have been helpful back when I first found this site.
How did I find this site? Researching what kind of MPC to get..
No one really had anything bad to say then, thats why I got one.
And joined here.
It is the MPC btween the 2kxl and the 3000 period.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Relic said:
You could get the 2500 and have a combo of the two.
I never get rid of equipment unless absolutely neccesary. I am still second guessing having traded out my d8b
It just took up too much room.
Little shit like an mp I would cling to in case I needed it.

i agree with this statement... i aint givin up nothin! i got a "brand new, in the box" 1000 for $500... at this time, its sittin in the closet. i was gonna sell it, but then they started upgrading the OS, and that made me decide to keep it.

da relic

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Relic said:
Okayyy....Breathe....
Its gonna be ok there. You know that info would have been helpful back when I first found this site.
How did I find this site? Researching what kind of MPC to get..
No one really had anything bad to say then, thats why I got one.
And joined here.
It is the MPC btween the 2kxl and the 3000 period.

Aight for the record;

MPC60

12bit engine related to the S700/S900 engine ( S612 is based on Electro Harmonix delay and probably used in the ADR-15 from which the MPC series and ASR-10 have been born )

MPC3000/2000/1000/2500

16 bit engine based on S3000 series, the S2000 is a stripped S3000. The os differs, the engine doesnt.

MPC4k

24bit engine based on the Z series samplers

Draw your conclusion, or ask me about differences. Im all about the workflow and some things are just plain forward when thinking about, in cases of workflow you dont need more options, you want less simple and efficient stuff. So i dont bother with fx and editing on the mpc, I'll edit the samples on the pc or after tracking them. Some peeps stare themselves blind on the fx etc.

There's one key issue about the samplers in the mpc, they're IN the mpc of which comes the straight timing as there's no delay in midi at all since there is no midi used. This is pretty much the essence of the mpc's value of the embedded sampler, second is the easy and simple sequencer/drumpad programming. The rest really isnt relevant unless an mpc is the only and really the only thing you want to depend on which is mostly NOT the case.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ummm... "fell off the truck".... someone i knew, knew someone that had 6 - 8 of them in NYC... sold me 1, took them to Va. and sold the rest for $650 each. i shouldve copped 4 if i'd known people was scramblin for them like that.

da relic