Connecting a Module To A Keyboard And Mp 1000

ill o.g.
How would I go about having my triton and my Novation Ks hooked up to my mpc 1000.I seen needlz had his racks on one side and his mpc on the other side and hiis keybord RIGHT in the middle of him....But ho would I have my rack hooked to my triton to run to my mpc soo on one track I have a triton sound then on another track I can have a novation KS sound?????Would I have my midi out from triton to mpc midi out from mpc to triton THEN midi thru from triton to midi in of novation????

PLEASE SHINE SOME LIGHT ON THIS FOR ME ILL FAM...

P.S. I HAVENT POSTED HERE IN SOO LONG...SHOUTS TO RELIC FOR THE FRONT PAGE PIC AND FADE FOR THE UPDATES/UPGRADES!!!! AND THE REST OF THE ILL FAM FOR JKEEPING ILL ALIVE!!!!!

PEACE.

dahknee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
This should work for you...using your MPC as the master sequencer you can hook up the triton to the midi "A" and the module on midi "B". For triton tracks make sure the midi channel is set to A on your mpc. For the module use midi b. Use a different channel (1-16) for each track.

The midi-thru option would work too. I don't have my triton with me so I can't verify this but you may be able to disable midi channels on the triton for example 9-16 and use those on your module. On your module disable midi channels 1-8.

W

WattzHouse

Yeah dahknee is right about the midi thru and disabling the midi channels. But to keep it simple, run your triton midi out to your mp's midi in A, then run the triton midi in to the mp's midi out A. Do the same for your novation using the B ports on your mp. Also, make sure u use an external sound source (mixer) to monitor sound from your triton and novation. This will complete the loop called the midi handshake. Hope this helps

dahknee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Question , I have a Triton rack, and a keyboard thats midi capable, BUT the keyboard doesnt have a thru on it, and a mpc2500. I want to start using the mpc and the module and the keyboard together.
Any tips?

You pretty much have the same setup as Northjack minus the midi-thru. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have my gear with me), hookup the triton-rack to the MPC midi a in/out and the keyboard to the midi b in/out connections and get the midi handshake as Wattzhouse stated. I believe you have to set the MPC's midi output to AB to use your MPC & keyboard at the same time to trigger your triton-rack without changing channels or settings? This way you can use the MPC as your sequencer, play keys on your keyboard to trigger sounds on your triton. Of course your midi tracks/channels have to line up.

If you are using Pro Tools with a midi connection to your Triton you can change the sound banks. Actually you can do it with most modules with the correct midinam file.

The links below may be of assistance.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1995_articles/aug95/midibasics1.html
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1995_articles/sep95/midibasics2.html
http://midiworld.com/index.htm

members online