connecting my controller to my sound mod to mpc

P

pakkman6

first off i'm new to this whole technological hardware thing..i was just wondering before my Motif Rack ES gets in from the mail how would i go about connecting my M-Audio Axiom to my rack and using the sounds thru the controller nto the MPC?? i had it originally plugged up to a Korg Trinity V3 but i am currently selling that on ebay.

P

pakkman6

lol i'm not a dumbass i know what i need for it to work i'm just not sure how exactly to plug it up..u know like Axiom out, Motif in, thru into Mpc...

i have no monitors rightnow just some RCA boombox speakers which i Aux into my mixer...but i'll soon be getting a pair of M-Audio BX5's

P

pakkman6

it's cool man, no biggie..i'll probaly end up figuring it out n like 5-10minutes anyway like i usually do lol

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Depends on how you're using your Axiom i.e usb powered or power cord and are you using the MPC as the sequencer?

I use my MPC as the main controller and I route my Axiom 25 thru it. (connected with power cord not usb, works better that way, can't use midi ins and outs if you usb connect)

Midi out of your MPC to Midi IN of the sound card (in my case M-Audio Fast Track pro)

Midi out of your Axiom to Mid in of thei ES/sound Module

Mido out of the ES/Sound module to Midi in of your MPC

The sound card in my case is connected by USB to my MacBook

Of course if you're using the MPC as the sequencer you need to go analog or digital out of you ES to analog or digital in to your MPC in order to record the sounds coming out of your ES into the tracks of the MPC!!!!!!

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I'm kinda stuck too..

Right i'm using this:"

Mpc 2000xl
Ensoniq ASR 10
Ableton Live 6
Emu 1820M Soundcard
Expanding with a Yamaha MO6 tomorrow..

I wanna know how to get the most effective setup: I wanna do this, sequence drums in the MPC, samples in the ASR, and add sounds in Ableton Live to finish the product..

Any suggestions on this, and the midi hookup? Thanks!!

members online