consistency

• beat this! voting starts in...

g@Vin c@$h

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hey Deuce, you should go pick up the Eydeas and Abilities new cd if you haven't already.
One word DOPE. The production in it is tight, the raps are original, and it's anything but the stuff you hear everyday on mainstream tv.

(Sorry that I'm kinda off the subject)

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Word cash, i copped that tha day it dropped....I feel tha rhymesayers crew theyre def on point!....

You ever cop any of tha headshots tapes from back in tha day? - I got all of em jus about. I jus need History and tha tha very first one. I love that shit tho....

g@Vin c@$h

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
nah man but i will now. I love that sheit. It's tight.
Hey what exactly do you have to do to get a sample cleared????

(once again off subject)

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah Truth said it when he said Jay-Dee he's worked with Slum village Busta Rhymes Tribe Mos-Def Comman he rareley puts out a track I don't like Primo is the king of choppin samples but he really hasn't progressed since the 90's. I've heard of RJ2D but don't really know who he's produced I gotta check some more of his stuff. You gotta mention Madlib even though he's not well known he's always comin with tight tracks.

As for Swizz beats consistency, in my opinion he's never made a good track anyone who can quantize and hum a melody can do the same thing as him. he was related to the owners of Ruff Riders and they didn't even want to give him a chance. You play anyone's stuff enough on the radio and Mtv it will eventually become a hit. Just becuase he's worked with who he's worked with doesn't make Swizz a good producer a lot of time labels force artists to work with certain people because they're hot at the moment, and Swizz became hot at the moment because he was related to people who owned the label who was hot at the moment. I'm not hatin and everyones entitled to like who they want, but in my opinion Swizz is just talentless.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i have heard that swizz joint wiht shyne.. pure garbage.... in fact i am listening to "ghetto stories" right now... i heard in good track out of all of it and even that gets ruined by average, run of the mill, boring rhymes by lil kim. we will all agree to disagree on swizz.. cause a lot of cats, especially producers, cant stand him. on illmuzik, anyways...

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
the most consistant producers i would definately would be dre and timbaland. And even though im from Y.O. have to say Swiss is ass yo!! my 1 year old nephew bangin on his lil fisher price keyboard makes hotter beats! Maybe we should have em battle!! =o) ....HOLLA AT YA BOY

blak flame

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah most of swizz's shit is garbage...because he has all that top notch equipment and he makes trash ass beats. He makes the Triton seem like straight up horse shit. But I gotta admit that "All For The Love" song on the first Lox album wit Jada on it is on point.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
oK WELL PREMiER HAS GoTTEN WHACK oVER TiME AND iTS DiSAPPOiNTiNG.
SWiZZ BEATZ HAD HoT JOiNTS BETWEEN 97-99.BUT NoW HES EHHHHHHHH.
DRE HAS BEEN CoNSiSTENT iN RECoGNiZiNG oTHER TALENTED PRoDUCERS BUT AS FAR AS CoNSiSTENCY BEHiND THE EQUiPMENT i DoNT EVEN KNoW WHAT HE HAS oR HASNT DoNE.
HE DoES RELEASE GoOD MUSiC THoUGH.
TiMBALAND iSNT ALL THAT GREAT EiTHER, i NEVER UNDERSToOD THE HYPE oVER THiS DUDE.
i KNoW WHEN i LoOK AT PRoDUCTiON oN ALBUMS i CAN ALMoST BE ASSURED THAT A TRACK BY THE ALCHEMiST WiLL BE HoT.BUT i WoULDNT CALL HimE THE MoST CoNSiSTENT AS oF YET.
CANT REALLY ANSWER THiS QUESTiON.CiTY

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I defintly agree ^^^^, especially about the Alchemist

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I agree that swiss is overrated, but so is lil john, and a lot of other cats. Most producers in general aren't even know to the masses, exsept for a few. If your gettin in this business to be famous, your in the wrong business. Try singing or somthing.. Even Alchemist.... To us, yeah he's known. But try asking someone that doesn't produce who he is, and maybe a few people will say they heard of him. The fact is that most producers are behind the scences of music. Not everyone in the world are like us and actually read the inside cover of a CD.

Timberland, he's known why cause he also raps, same with the neptunes, and a few others...

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Lil Jon hasn't been in the game for that long to talk about consictency, I believe
Dr Dre... he's the isssh!
Timbo... well, he's always starting trends, you gotta give him credit for that.
Pharrell... same as tim

Battlecat!!!!!!!! Man! If you like Westcoast music, you GOTTA give him props!!!!