Converting....

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
...Mac files to PC.

Here's my dilemma! A few months ago, my artist and I went to a studio that had Pro Tools HD. I just recently bought a Mbox and I heard, if I'm not mistaken, Pro Tools LE is compatible with HD and vice versa. Well, we saved the Pro Tools HD session and the studio had a Mac of course. I then tried to open the CD on my PC and it doesn't read it at all. So now I'm contemplating on going to buy a Mac just so I can open the session myself. The engineer tried mixing it but I didn't like it, so I'll be doing the mixes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
What did u burn the session with - Toast?
Theres an option in Toast that lets u specify whether u want the disc to be Mac and PC compatible or just Mac. That may be your problem.

I don't know what the guy uses at his studio. He just put it on cd and said if I wanted to get it mixed somewhere else I can take the data disc.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Sounds like its either not compatible with a PC or when he burned it it actually didn't allocate all of the files correctly resulting in a corrupt disc. This sort of thing doesn't happen all the time but is common from time to time.

In Toast when u burn a data disc u do have the option to choose mac or pc&mac so maybe he was a dipshit and didn't check to see what it was set to first? Toast is the most common burning program for mac.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
it sounds like an issue with the way he burned/dedicated the cd that he gave you. it could be the software or options that he is using within the software to burn the disk. i'm not sure about the compatibility of 'data disks' between mac an pc. maybe get another disk incase the one you have is corrupted, btw have you tried it with any other computers?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Heres a tip: at least on my version, when you start a new session it asks you a bunch of settings where you name the new track, one of those settings is a box that says"enforce PC Mac compatibility?" one would want to check this box prior to starting the session.
May not help for this but for the future make sure thats checked.

What you may need to do is go back there and start a new session in his PT and check this box then import the tracks that are already recorded into the new session and then you can dip, shouldnt take that long.

members online