Cool Edit Pro - MPC 2000

• beat this! voting starts in...

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol...I've got the 1k and everytime I tried to sync them, it skipped...I think they operate on 2 clocks... at least Adobe Audition does... ah well... I've got Cubase now...

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
True, but I only use cool edit to record at home. When I head to the main studio we use digital performer on the mac.. Its all love fam!!

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
Sonar

You guys ever tried using Cakewalk Sonar for multi tracking? Works great.

S

StreetLife

Complexxx said:
You guys ever tried using Cakewalk Sonar for multi tracking? Works great.

how do u sync sonar wit the MPC2000 how can i get the program to read that the MPC2000 is connected to it

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
StreetLife said:
how do u sync sonar wit the MPC2000 how can i get the program to read that the MPC2000 is connected to it

First of all, to do anything with software and an MPC you need to have a midi interface on you PC....like Soundblaster Audigy Platinum, or Extigy, or Midiman. Once you connect your midi cables from the Pc to the MPC you need to choose which one will be the controller, Sonar or the MPC, then adjust you midi settings on both....refer to yuor manuals.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
beatzbybuddy said:
Anyone need help sync the MPC with Cool Edit Pro? I figured tis shit out with no ones help! hahah

Seriously! Hollah if you need the help..

Buddy

www.southern-heat.com

Shit, you could help me. what i want to be able to do is to have CEP trigger my mpc to play tracks of my mophatt and Proteus. so i can track them out with out doing it one by one.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
classic said:
Yea man u would definaly want to USE a program like cubase or protols to multi track. Cooledit is ment more for editing samples etc..
no cooledit is also meant for multitracking mind you.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
classic said:
Yea man u would definaly want to USE a program like cubase or protols to multi track. Cooledit is ment more for editing samples etc..

I use CEP or Adobe Audition to Multi Track. Its like the poor mans Pro Tools. Its preety powerful too.

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
man im using cool edit i know that program pretty well although there aint much, but hell its good for mulitracking....