Cool Edit

M

Made Man

I wanted to ask is it some people on here thats good with using it , because im tryin to do a lil mixtape to pass around the hood . I've had Cool Edit for some years now still dont know how to mix anything , i be all off beat ... so is it anyone out there that can help me .

big up dj fantom for tellin me about this site

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Welcome To Illmuzik!

i've been seacrhing the web for you; here's what i've found:

please refer to my new thread (Mixing with Cool Edit Pro):
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4200

ALSO - LIL TIPS:

"You need to find the beats of all the songs and then put them in the multitrack view in different channels and start one where the other finishes. You then have to render(mix down) to a stereo track and save it. As for indexing them, you can do that in Nero"

"there will be a 'render' or 'export' option. This will bounce down all the tracks into one. Look in the manual for 'export' or 'render'".

Good Luck,
Wings

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo made see ii told you people on this site is mad cool. Especialy wings. (What's good homie)
If you ever have a serious question or problem ask for a dude on here named "gawd" (sn realy is GOD ,but I don't call no man god,no disrepect)
No problem homie. Yo hit me on email or im I thought I had ya im and email in my sk but I don't.

I hope they helped you out . Wish I could have.
Holla

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

If you're trying to do 'beatmatching' style mixing, you can do it in CEP, but there are programs which behave like real turntables and make it a LOT easier to get great sounding results in about 1/10th of the time. My recommendation is Traktor by Native Instruments, check it out and you won't be disappointed:

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?djline_us

Take care,

Nick

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i'd prefer some other program for making a mixtape. ive worked for some time with ce2 now, and figured out, it is kinda unstable when it comes to proceed with large files. dunno if its only my "underground" version :p but i allready tried adobe audition and ce 2.1 and shits the same.
if u got no dj and its only for a little demo, why dont you try mixmeister (5.0) , you load your beats into it and it automatically finds out the bpm + the leading note ! of the track. after that you can let it control the mix, or do it by yourself. i like MM more than traktor dj, but its a question of taste i guess. good luck