Cop'd da mpc2000xl

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
so i finally got one, bought it used, i need some help wit updatin the OS, do i format the floppy on the PC first?(dont have the zip drive yet) copy the OS over and then put that floppy into the xl and tell it to load from floppy?

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Yo Po-Ethix,

Yes. At least that works in Windows 98 - 2000. In XP? There are problems. The MPC can't read an XP formatted disk. This Includes CD Roms burned in XP. I've been researching to find out why this is. haven't found out yet. I'll keep searching. What do you have? If you have Windows 2000 or lower, you are in the clear and your MPC shouldn't have any problems reading that disk once you've formatted it and then copied the OS onto that floppy. I hope this helps.

Has anyone had any success with this issue in Windows XP?? Curious to know what you did to remedy the problem.

DJ X-sinna'

check out the beats
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/sounddoctrineproductionsmusic.htm

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
dammm these type of posts kill me.... 'just got my MPC' shitttttt, i need one!!!! one day i will make this same post...

sAfE.

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
haha, there is so much shit i still need to learn with it, formating shit..What??? lol i've had if for a litle more then a year, i still make some fire on it but there is alot of shit i still need/want to learn, i wish i had more time instead of commin to school and not doing shit cause we've only got 20 days left and i'm allready set for next year.. i would rather be at home on the mp and triton learning new shit and developin my skillz.. You'll get it rhyth!!

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Rhythmikal said:
dammm these type of posts kill me.... 'just got my MPC' shitttttt, i need one!!!! one day i will make this same post...

sAfE.

Man dont sweat that shit, having an MPC dosent mean shit. Actually i find that most cats who have an MPC arent that great compared to folks on other sequncers.

ALot of people buy MPC's becasue of the hype, they think its gonna make them a better producer. And when they get one, they spend more time ranting about having an MPC rather then making beats.

This is coming from an MPC owner by the way

clas...

FYI this was not against pro-ethics at all

members online