Copyright questions if anyone can please help...

Jut

ill o.g.
First- can u put just loops of your songs? my friend said he sent in a cd with 30 songs on there, each like one minute each... can you do this instead of sending the whole song? Im assuming so...

Second- how long does it take to get a copyright certificate back? the site says 4 to 5 months, seems a lil ridiculous to me. Anyone hear got one and know how long it took?

Third- lets say I sell a beat before i receive my certificate and someone tries not to give me credit; or someone steals or jacks one of my beats, once I get the certificate they'll be held reliable right? Basically do I NEED the certificate first?

Thanks to anyone out there that can help ya boy...

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
actually musically your copyright starts the second you complete the track...you just need proof...the fact that the data exists on your computer makes it yours.....otherwise send a copy of the track to yourself in the mail, and keep that, cos that will have the date sent and all

E

Equality 7-2521

its diferent depending on location. in Austrlia, it is as Sin:Aesthetic said above. copyright is effective as soon as the product is "made."

the lenght of time it takes to get your shit copyrighted will depend on negotiation with the artist / artists representatives. you have to clear your shit before you can own copyright. but yeah generally it can take up to several months to get shit cleared. on the other hand, negotiations may be smooth and it might not take that long.

when sending something in to get copyrighted, send the whole song. if its just a loop, then send the loop. but make sure all parts of the song are included.

and yes the person who jacks your beats will be held liable if you have copyright.....unless they somehow manage to get copyright before you have the chance.