copywright how long does it take

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yo im in the process of copywrighin all my shiat. how long does the process take? i figure if i send it in and wait a few weeks i can start using my shiat because if someone jacks it than i can still sue because ill get the copywright in my hand before they will knowwhatimsayin? Please tell me if wrong and i should just wait till it comes back..I FUCIn hate waitin on shiat!!!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Well look it takes a few months in most cases....but 9 times out of ten...keep multitracked masters and time stamps and shidd....I dunno if you end up going to court it will end up with who really made the beat, and if they steal the sound sample or a segment thats on them.....but if you have more ammo to prove you made the beat let em steal it but a good lawyer will get you a win....this is a risk involved but usually if someone steals it they are going be smart enuff to do some tweaks and filters to alter it...

D

drew_petti

accoring to copyright law

your copyright is good, from the moment you send it out.

it takes 6-8 weeks to get your official doocument from the library of congress.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Just send out your copyrights and don't worry. The copyright office will recieve it and file it in the order they recieve it. So as long as you send it out before someone gets their hands on it and copyrihts it before you, your good to go.

S

StuN

could someone explain the full details of the copyright form because i'm somewhat confused with some sections and i want to send in the correct info from the start .....

E

enots

tell us specifically what you're having trouble filling out and i can help you. if you want a general run down, just call the office in DC, but if you're asking for somethin specific, post it up here (even if its a breakdown of everything you're not sure of).