Cowboy remix and slum village

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
Kid Cudi remix is very nice. I haven't actually heard the original. I've went back a few times to listen to that change up when Jay Z comes in. Love it! That guitar is awesome. Sounds so nice with with Jay Z's voice over the top. Falls back in seamlessly to Kudi's verse. Did you sample for this or are you doing all the synthe / guitar work? It's brilliant. Those type of drums aren't usually my style but like with @Anthouse Beats beat this week I'm really diggin them on this one.

I can't get in to the Slum Village remix the same. The vocals seem a bit loud. I'll need a good listen on the headphones. I think that clap / snare needs to be a bit louder. It just seems a little light. Maybe a mid range boost. The original Dilla one is such a big part of the original. I actually think the drums as a whole need to be stronger. They actually sound good but just maybe have to be layered or given some mid / high frequency boosts. Theres the makings of a super dope beat there. Would love to hear it without the acapella.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
the drums on the cowboy beat are relly cool they fit the vibe ur going for very well the composition is nice too some artifacting on the acapella but u cant do much about that rly overall its real solid and also and most importantly it kept me hooked

second beat has some issues i just feel like it never takes off i kinda keep waiting for it to get going and i aint huge into the sample in the background (behind the vocals) i dunno man maybe its just not my type of jam but 100% prefer the first one :p

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Sole Element 1st Song: Nice job on the first song. I like the section starting at :45, the melody is very unique. However, the rest of the beat felt a little bit flat for me. Some of the low guitar notes starting 1:42 are offkey. Also I feel like the sound selection is inconsistent, there is a mix of synthetic and natural sounds, which I feel is a little incohesive. But still very nice job, that guitar sample usage is very nice.

2nd Song: I definitely like this one better. It's pretty simple and complements the acapella pretty well.

Nice job on both brother!

members online