Crossed over to the dark side

ill o.g.
Finally made my long awaited change to hardware. Copped a fully maxed out ESI 4000 :biggrin: . Im using my atari st to sequence it. Also bought a decent soundcard so ill be able to record the shit properly.

Its nice to be able to make beatz without needing to switch my damn pc on...

(ps : the new smilies are hella gay)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Welcome to the world of hardware Dys, eventhough the trend is software I got much love for physically turning knobs over clicking and dragging on everything. Analog over digital sound works very well too. You'll find alot of benefits with hardware for sure. Good luck.

-dac-

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Finally made my long awaited change to hardware. Copped a fully maxed out ESI 4000 :biggrin: . Im using my atari st to sequence it. Also bought a decent soundcard so ill be able to record the shit properly.

Its nice to be able to make beatz without needing to switch my damn pc on...

(ps : the new smilies are hella gay)

IMO, you probably should incorporate both as opposed to leaving one for the other. Especially in the "digital age" of music. If MP3's are the future, which no one can argue that it isn't, why would you make such a transition? If you post your music up to sell on the internet it will get digitzed first no? Going back in time has never forged a new frontier (i.e digital to analog).

Post up some music so we can hear the "big transitional difference" that you think you'll be getting by going from software to hardware. Actually post up a few tracks, some digitally produced, some using both and some just analog and see if people can tell the difference! If they say they can they're lying! It'll just be an uneducated guess!

ill o.g.
Disclaimer: I dont want this thread to turn into some wack ass hardware/software debate... this is strictly on a personal level.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Ive been using software to produce music since the mid 90s, its totally uninspirational for me. Theres just too much shit you can do , and it can all be done too easily. Plus i use my eyes and brains more than my ears when rocking software, which isnt what music is about.

Im not sure what youre trying to say with your 'its all gonne be digitized' comment when i upload it to the internet, it doesnt make much sense... How is that relevant to how something is made? Does that mean i should throw away all my records and just start sampling mp3s since thats what its gonna end up as anyway? Damn, madlib should just throw out his tascam tape recorder, what an idiot, recording to analog. I dont get that logic at all man, lol. You can record anything on the pc and turn it into an mp3. Also, most hardware samplers are in fact digital as well. So its already 'digitzed' to begin with.

The pc still gets plenty of action, no doubt. But its more of a sample editor and recording device now. I also make sounds in various programs on the pc and transfer them to my sampler. I never said i was gonna throw the pc out the window, but as far as the production process goes i prefer rockin my hardware to a bunch of mouse clicks and drags.

As far as your beat challenge goes, I really dont need to prove myself to you. On top of that, I really dont give a shit if anyone can tell wether i made something with hw or sw. At the end of the day, the best and most important part of the chain in the lab is the user.

peace

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
First up, you can't get personal with anybody over an internet connection playboy...that ain't possible. Anybody can wheel a big stick online. Internet gangsters come a dime a dozen! That's my disclaimer!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're right! And u definitely don't have to prove jack to me, if it came across that way you have to understand that this is just text, it does that sometimes. It doesn't always show exactly what someone is trying to say.

If you've made the transition and it's working for you, it shouldn't matter what anybody says, especial me...I'm a nobody! I was speaking from a stand point of knowing many people that have left software for hardware or hardware for software and there music suffered for it. Carry on soldier....do you! Ease up on the weed...lol..it's got you paranoid. You sure that's just weed? lmbao j/k B Ez!

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I had an ESI32 at one point, a freind of mine had the 4000, the A/D converters are warm and punchy, nice sounding piece of gear.
What I used to like to do with mine is put a sample of a chord, pitch it across the keys, assign modwheel to filter cutoff and get down.
Have fun.

ill o.g.
First up, you can't get personal with anybody over an internet connection playboy...that ain't possible. Anybody can wheel a big stick online. Internet gangsters come a dime a dozen! That's my disclaimer!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha my bad, when i said this is personal, i meant my own opinion that i was about to give about hardware/software was my personal opinion lol. I didnt mean to be all inet gansgta with you, not at all :p!

Dahkter: Yeah im lovin it. Definitely a nice piece of gear :).

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
I had an ESI32 at one point, a freind of mine had the 4000, the A/D converters are warm and punchy, nice sounding piece of gear.
What I used to like to do with mine is put a sample of a chord, pitch it across the keys, assign modwheel to filter cutoff and get down.
Have fun.

i fucking love my ESI32, damn fine bit of CHEAP ASS kit!!!

T

The Bastard

Attention Lil Drama Boi

first thing i want you to do is take a seat, because youve been owned, take a deep breath, in your nose, out your mouth, let the bad vibes out, let the owning roll off you. your feeling better now, keep breathing, the owning wont last forever.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
uh oh! Open Minds "twin sister" has come to take his place! NormanSmith ran and came back in a red toto and pom poms.

Haha my bad, when i said this is personal, i meant my own opinion that i was about to give about hardware/software was my personal opinion lol. I didnt mean to be all inet gansgta with you, not at all :p!

We said what we said and it was a misunderstanding. It was weeks ago at that! I hope the mods see who's spittin venom and kill it before it even gets started. Don't come "back" around sparking shit that don't burn. Find somehting better to do with your down time.

T

The Bastard

uh oh! Open Minds "twin sister" has come to take his place! NormanSmith ran and came back in a red toto and pom poms.

We said what we said and it was a misunderstanding. It was weeks ago at that! I hope the mods see who's spittin venom and kill it before it even gets started. Don't come "back" around sparking shit that don't burn. Find somehting better to do with your down time.

this is a side effect of the owning, relax and it will pass.....