Crunk Soul Beats

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Is this a new fad?? I've been hearin alot of southern style and crunk beats w/ soul samples and speeded up vocals lately. 36 mafia got some on theryre new album and bun-b, lil flip and some other artists Ive heard on these 404 clap and hat soul beats. I personally am kinda feelin it. Its like there tryin to mesh the two diff. popular styles of beatmaking. Matter of fact, Im bout to try and make one, I dont sample alot but what the hell

Holla Back

Tree

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yeah, kanye the southern way! Can't wait to hear it tree!

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
I'm pretty sure 3-6 Maffia has been sampling for a long time!

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Yea 3 6 mafia been sampling along time from what I heard but I agree with you im really feelin alot of these Soul Crunk beats im hearin

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
haha, this beat better turn out solid tree... look at all these people waiting!

i know you got it though.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday in class. it seems like a logical step, merging two major schools of beatmaking. im definitely feeling the style, and that 3 6 beat is nice as hell.

makes my think though... isnt about time for someone to come up with a huge new fad in beatmaking styles? maybe itll be an ill-member!

A

Authority

Im sorry guys but that stay fly beat was Whack to me!!!!! I didnt like it at all but the whole CRUNK FLAVOR of beats is Tight......I mostly like bay area beats by producers like Rick Rock, Young Droop-E and Traxamillion.....

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Elementree said:
man, sampling is fun, i might do this more often

Haaaaaa... got you hooked again eh?

i think instead of just calling it crunk soul we should come up with a better name... i think we should use "croul"

or maybe "sounk"

alright?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Elementree said:
I been gettin my fingers a little dusty. I haven't opened audition in like 3 months!

Yea, that carter 2 has some crunk soul on it too

man, sampling is fun, i might do this more often
Like Crack....
DONT DOOOO IIITTT!!!
COOMMEEE BBAACCKKK TTOOO CCOOMMPPOOSSEERR TTOOWWNN!!!
HA!!

hollaatroy

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Do you think musicians/artists will ever run out of music styles? Or will we just keep reinventing what's been done already. QTIP had a line on an old ATCQ album that went something like "I said well daddy don't you know that things go in cycles/ the way that Bobby Brown be ampin is just like Michael". It's gonna be really funny when cats start resampling samples. I'd like to see the look on Kanye or Puffy's face when they get sampled. No disrepect to Kanye, but the irony will be side-splitting. That's why I think true music geniuses are cats like Jimmy, Stevie, Herbie, etc. When you can create a new music genre, or fuse different music styles to make a new one, that is genius.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
nobody has ever created a new genre, ever.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Vince said:
nobody has ever created a new genre, ever.

um.. how do you support that?

i know they have things in common... but isnt there a pretty big difference between, say, rock music and classical music? someone created rock music....

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Stay Fly is a hot track although Im not a big fan of Southern music.
I love Three 6 Mafia's beats.
Back in '97 they hard dark sounding tracks, but now they transitioned into more club tracks.
Most of their songs have big ass bass, so u can pump it hard.