Cubase Question: fx only to a specific part of a vocal channel. HOW?

O

open mind

i have a send effect routet to a vocal channel.the effect is working for the whole vocal part but i want it to work only to a specific part of the vocal.how can i do that? thank you in advance.

O

open mind

boneidle said:
or u cud use the R/W buttons on your mixer to record your actions so u can turn the effect on/off in real time

i press the W button on the channel to record my action.then i turn the effect on and out in REALTIME then i press the R button on the channel but it doenst play the effect what made i wrong?

ps:in REALTIME effect works but it didnt record the action i did.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i know i used that too. i enveloped the FX wich had on/off on the envelope. just press the plus sign on the track until you bring the fx envelope strip.

O

open mind

veon said:
i know i used that too. i enveloped the FX wich had on/off on the envelope. just press the plus sign on the track until you bring the fx envelope strip.
i dont understand what u mean i dont see a plus sign on track.can u plz describe it better maybe with a picture if possible.this is a big problem for me i really need that to be resolved.i need automation recording for fx ON and OFF in realtime very much.thank you very much.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
ok, press record on cubase first thing, then press W, do your effect moves, then press stop on cubase, then when you play it back it should run as an automation

im not 100% if it will pick up on/off actions of the effect, so if you can't get that working use the bypass button (pf - prefader) next to the on/off switch.

Phi'Zik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
boneidle is right <---
nb : don't forget to click " show all automation used ...." to see the fx enveloppe

buffalony

ill o.g.
Just copy it out to a new audio track, mute the main vocal for the part like dude said in the first place.

members online