Cubase....?

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i was wondering what people use cubase for and if i normally use cool edit to do vocals, is cubase better? if people use either programs let me know what you think cause im wondering if i should get cubase or not...thanks

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I have it loaded on my PC, but I don't use it often. I have a friend that I might remix something for, so I keep it for that. I just don't like steinberg products. They seem to just be a lot of flash.

What are you using other than Cool Edit?

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
joeburnem said:
I have it loaded on my PC, but I don't use it often. I have a friend that I might remix something for, so I keep it for that. I just don't like steinberg products. They seem to just be a lot of flash.

What are you using other than Cool Edit?

im usin reason for beats, but i do my vocals in cool edit 2.0, i was just wonderin if cubase is better than cool edit. i have a friend who has cubase so ill probly get it anyways, but i was just wondering what other people think, and how it stacks up...

M

MIKELABZ

Cubase Is Tight. If U Have Vst Effects U Like To Use In Fl Studio Then U Will Enjoy Having All Those Effects Available For Everything U Record In Cubase. Its Easier To Chop In Cubase, It Produces A Cleaner Sound And Its Easier To Use.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
everything i do is in cubase. i highly reccomend it; cop an enmu 1820 with cubase vst to start then upgrade to sx, and you have a workstation comparable to anything out there...

A

ACEBEATZ

Cubase ain't better than another software. I tried many of popular names, and you need to choose one that will fit your taste. I really suggest you to try a few of em cuz they all do the same things but functionnalities and ergonomy is really different from one to another.

Verify your needs before choosing your software. Choose one that you will be happy to work with, that you will learn to use, so you'll be prepared when any situation happens.

Here's my suggestions:

Cubase SX: Easy software to handle but powerful to work with. Intuitive interface and NICE effects included with the software.

You can add your own VST's or DX effect, as well as VST instruments. It's an all in one package. You can do beats, sampling, sequencing, mixing, mastering and more!!!

Good choice.
-
-
-
Cool Edit Pro: It is simple and FAST. It load almost instantly, and boast nice engine, 32 bit float for sure, giving you nice headroom.

It takes DX effects only, no vst and no vst-instruments. But if you just need to record and mix, this is good.

Forget it to masterize.
-
-
-
Cakewalk Sonar : It's a good alternative to Cubase. Plus it includes many instruments, samplers, synthesizer, drum machines already, as well as many effects.

It also include the ACID looping function, letting you stretch your samples or change the pitch without affecting the lenght.

Go try these software as they all give a trial version on every respective website.

Take in note that Cool Edit Pro was buyed by Adobe, and is now named Audition.

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for all the feedback guys, i can get my hands on cubase for free, so essentially the best thing is prolly to try it out and see how it works with my setup. appreciate the info tho, p