cue lists and playlist in cool edit or soundforge

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Right bear with me coz im not sure exactly how to put this.

In cool edit you can create non destructive loops on the playlist right?

so say you take a rock lead guitar break and chop it non destructively to play tiny portions ofeach riff incrementaly in order to create a track with a real electro feel...

typically you let one of these little loops play through 4 to 8 bars and then chop it up even smaller to create a drum roll effect with the same sound right?

its a classic method in electronic music, used in techno and house all the time

Now, the problem with this is that you are changing the tempo with loops of different sizes.

Im a reason user, and by attempting to do this i am effectively switching sequencers as the whole process takes place in cool edit

sooooooo

my question is, how the hell can I either A put all the other elements of the track down in CEP or B export the track into reason and make it agree with a tempo that is changing?

Is there some sort of function in either CEP or soundforge that automatically/mathematically calculates your loops to maintain an overall tempo?

Cheers

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
What i do is cue my sample in AA/CEP and then batch the chops out to seperate wav. files and then load them into a NN-XT in reason. this allows you to control pitch on each chop, and use just one sequencer. you can also directly add effects to your sample in reason and have your samples under the same mastering rack in reason.